How to update netflix for free to the latest version? Step-by-step guide
Netflix It is becoming an essential leisure alternative for many of us. With just one monthly payment, adapted to almost any pocket, you can enjoy a large amount of streaming content from any of the devices you have in your home; be it a smart TV, a smartphone, a laptop or a desktop computer … Due to its popularity, on many occasions we believe that this application updates automatically, but this is not always the case. Some of the devices require manual actuation to achieve this. Do you want to know how we can update Netflix free to the latest version? . Keep reading
Netflix was founded in 1997 by Redd Hastings, but began offering its subscription-based service in 1999. It is a platform used to offer streaming viewing via the web or by mail * (service only available in the United States) an unlimited number of series and films as well as documentaries and other premiere audiovisual specials.
The correct operation of this revolutionary entertainment platform is prepared for almost any type of ISP provider, although as for any reproduction via the web, the faster the network, the better image quality and fewer interruptions in the reproduction will occur. Since February 2016, Netflix it uses servers that are on Amazon’s AWS network, which for us could be the cloud between the clouds. This allows customers to have an availability rate of almost 100%.
Update Netflix for Android devices
We emphasize, among many other aspects, that R. Hastings cares about all users. To do this, you have created two different playback modes. We find the normal mode, which includes content for adults and young people where the most popular are the suspense, science fiction and most current movies category . On the other hand, there is the Netflix Kids mode , which will appear later, which is exclusive for children and families, where the most watched are animated series and children’s movies and where, of course, you will not find explicit content of any kind .
As we have commented, Netflix It does not always update automatically, so below we will explain the steps to follow to make this update on smartphones and tablets that have Android operating system . You will see that it is very simple and very fast.
- First of all, you have to open the Google Play Store .
- Next, it is necessary to click on the “Menu ” icon and locate the “My Applications ” section.
- Applications that have updates available are marked with the word “Update ” in a button to the right.
- You can update all the applications at the same time from the button at the top of the list or, if you wish, choose only the Netflix application and click on the “Update ” button on its right.
An alternative way to do it is to:
- Enter the Google store ; this does not change.
- Type “Netflix ” in the search engine.
- Select the official app that you have installed.
- You will see that at the top of the new screen there are two buttons.
- The one on the left, “Uninstall “.
- And the one on the right. In this you will see that it says “Open ” or “Update “.
- If the first case occurs, the application is up to date.
- If the second is given, you just have to click on the button and the download of new files will begin. These will be installed immediately and automatically.
Update Netflix for iPhone devices
This application can also be updated manually on our Apple devices. You must follow the steps below to update Netflix on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad :
- The first thing you should do is connect to your “App Store “.
- Then go to the “Updates ” section.
- You can choose between the option “Update all “, which will improve all the applications that need it; or search directly for Netflix and click on its icon.
- An option will appear where it says “Update “. Click on it and enter your account password in iTunes to continue with the update if your device asks for it.
- When the process is finished, you will have your device on the latest version of Netflix, ready to use!
Update Netflix for Windows 8 and 10
If you have a computer whose operating system is Windows 8 or Windows 10 and you need to update the Netflix application You must follow the steps that I indicate below.
For Windows 8
First of all, we will offer the steps to update the application in Windows 8 :
- Go to the Desktop and go to the “Store ” section.
- In the upper right corner, look for the “Updates ” section. If the application has a green tick in the upper right corner, it means that it is already up to date. In the case of not having it, you must select it.
- Click on the bottom of the screen and click on the “Install ” button . The application will begin to install in its latest version available. Done!
For Windows 10
If, on the other hand, you have a computer with Windows 10 operating system , then you must follow these simple steps:
- You must select “Store “, which appears on the taskbar or start screen.
- Look next to the search box for a user icon.
- Now click where this icon is (top right) and in the drop-down click on “Downloads and updates “.
- Then press the “Get updates ” button.
- Now click on the down arrow that is on the right of the screen. Once you have done this, you have confirmed that you want the Netflix update to download. Then Netflix will start updating to the latest version.
Update Netflix for my Smart TV Samsung, LG and others
Each TV has a different app store. But, in the vast majority of brands, the Netflix application is available for download. Usually, it is updated automatically when the Smart Hub is accessed , but if this is not the case, you have to proceed to download manually. We present these steps to make it easier for you.
- Initially, you have to access the Smart Hub and position yourself on the application that we want to update.
- Next, you have to press the “Enter” button on the remote for about 7 seconds in a row. Once done, a context menu will appear next to the application.
- Among the many options it presents, you have to choose “Update Applications “. If there is nothing new to install, a message will appear indicating that we have all versions of the application.
- If not, the download will begin and then the update will begin. Once this action is finished, the new version of said application can be used.
Download and install new version of Netflix APK for free
Netflix has joined this installation trend, so that you can enjoy its services in a way other than Google, so you do not lose detail. One of the clear examples in which to download the Netflix APK it is when they themselves update their list of compatible devices but this is different from the software permissions. In this case, not only will you not be able to install Netflix from Google Play, but the app will not even appear. There is no choice but to go to the long-awaited APKs that are compatible with all devices.
The steps to follow to do this are as follows:
Download Netflix APK for free
- First, we must go to the settings of our device and activate the option “Unknown sources ” or “Unknown sources “. You can find it in the “Settings ” section, in the “Security ” submenu .
- Now you can download the APK of the application from the link provided above, it is 100% safe.
- Once you have it, you must access the folder where the files have been downloaded to double-click on them.
- Once that is done, the installation or update will begin. After a very short period of time, the update will be finished and you will be able to start using the application on your device.
How to update the payment information and form on Netflix?
The payment information that we have indicated in our Netflix account it may need to be modified at any time. To do this, the creators of the platform offer two ways to do it quickly and easily. It can be done both through your mobile phone, through the application, and by accessing the web from a PC.
Let’s first explain how you can update your payment information on Netflix through your mobile device:
- Open the application and, if you have not entered your username, you must type it together with the password.
- Now display the menu from the button in the upper right and choose the option “Account “.
- If you check among all the options that are available, you will find the “Update Payment Information ” section.
- If you do not have any assigned, click on the button that appears “Add payment method “.
- If you had previously created a payment method, it will indicate the one you have selected.
- Among the options, you will see that you can choose between several methods:
- Credit card
- Once you have chosen the method you want to use, you must fill in the information requested by the application.
- Accept the service policies by clicking on the tick.
- To finish and save this change, you must click on the button “Update payment method “, which is at the end of the form.
If you prefer to make the modification from your computer, follow these steps:
- Access the Netflix website with your favorite browser.
- Click on the “Login ” option and enter your credentials and password. This step may not be necessary if the browser remembers your data; In this case, you will enter your account directly without having to enter a username or password.
- Click on the right section at the top, where your name appears, and unfold the arrow to reveal more options.
- Access the “Account ” section.
- Now you must enter the “Membership and Billing ” section and from there click on “Update payment information “.
- If you do not have any payment method, you must click on “Add Payment Information “.
- If you already had one selected, you will be able to see the data in that section.
- If you click on it, the different options you have to assign will be displayed, to choose between credit or debit card and PayPal.
- Once you have selected the option of your choice, you must enter the corresponding data and click on the option “Update payment method “.
From this moment on, the platform fee will be charged based on the new information entered.
If you have any doubts or questions, leave them in the comments, it will surely be of great help to more members of the community. Thanks!