The Hotmail email is still valid. Although Microsoft changed the name of Hotmail to Outlook in 2013, it is still possible to log into Hotmail emails through the new website. In this way, users who have old accounts with the address @ hotmail.com, @ live.com and the new accounts @ outlook.com, will be able to enter their mail through the new outlook.com, for this, simply enter the access data such as email address and password.
Direct link: https://outlook.live.com/owa/?nlp=1
Site verified by MundoCuentas
You can log into this email service either from your web browser as well as from your mobile or computer. You can also log into Hotmail / Outlook.com using the application available for Android and iOS. Next, in World Accounts we will help you step by step to access your Hotmail email inbox or the new Outlook.com ; not without first answering some frequent questions about the old Hotmail:
- What happened to Hotmail.com? Why are you redirecting to Outlook.com?
Microsoft email has undergone several name changes, the latest being the change from Windows Live Hotmail to Outlook.com. This change started in 2012 and ended in 2013, however, the old addresses (@ hotmail.com, @ hotmail.es, @ live.com and others) can still be used on the new site. This means that you can log in with your @ hotmail.com address directly from thenew Outlook.com site with your Hotmail username and password. Although many users have not welcomed the change, the truth is that at present it is possible to access Hotmail only through Outlook.
- Can old emails from Hotmail be recovered?
If you have forgotten your password or your Hotmail (or Outlook) email address, it is possible to recover your account by meeting certain requirements. Access our guide to recover Hotmail accounts and you will see all the methods and steps to do so.
- Can I create new Hotmail accounts with the address @ hotmail.com?
If you feel nostalgic and would like to have a new address @ hotmail.com, fortunately it is still possible to choose the address @ hotmail.com for new emails, although keep in mind that perhaps the address you want is already taken (Hotmail has existed since 1996! So imagine how many emails have already been registered with this address …). Access our guide to create a Hotmail / Outlook.com account here at World Accounts.
How do I access my Hotmail email?
The web platform from the browser is the most used to open Outlook or Hotmail mail, you can do it from the computer or PC browser as well as from the mobile or cell phone browser. These are the steps to follow:
- Login to https://www.outlook.com and press the ” Login ” button located at the top. You can also directly access the login page fromhttps://login.live.com or through the old sitewww.hotmail.com
- Enter your email address and press the ” Next ” button .
- Enter the password to access your account and then press the ” Login ” button .
- If you have entered all the data correctly, you will be taken directly to your email inbox.
Have you had any problems or errors when logging in ? Continue reading the article, or go to our article that will guide you step by step to recover an Outlook account.
To go directly to your Outlook or Hotmail email inbox, just log in to the service; After that, you will be taken directly to the list of emails received, a sector also known as “inbox” or inbox.
- Login to https://outlook.live.com/owa/?nlp=1 to log into your Outlook or Hotmail account.
- Enter your email address and press the ” Next ” button .
- Enter your password and press the ” Login ” button .
- Then you will be taken directly to the inbox of your Outlook email.
If you have logged into your account and have not been directed to that sector, you can open the inbox directly from https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox or by pressing ” Inbox ” in the left sector.
Outlook.com (Hotmail) has a mobile application that you can install on your device, be it Android or iOS. Here are the steps to log in from the official Outlook application.
- Download the application from the corresponding store.
- Android :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook
- iOS :https://apps.apple.com/es/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596
- Once installed, access it and press the ” Introduction ” button .
- In the ” Add account ” section, enter the Outlook email address that you have on file, then press “Continue”. This application also supports email from other providers like Yahoo or Gmail.
- Enter the password for your email account, then press “Sign in.”
- If you don’t want to add another account, press “Skip”.
- Clever! You will see your Outlook inbox from the application.
After adding your Outlook or Hotmail account to the official application, it is recommended that you activate the notifications to be aware of all the emails that arrive in your inbox. It is also possible to open your email directly from the mobile browser, by entering the address outlook.com in your preferred browser.
There may be problems when logging in, but don’t worry, this is very normal. Generally, if you do not remember your password or your email address, there is a way to regain access to it as long as you have assigned recovery information when creating your account. We will quote you the most common problems:
- Forgot password or email : It is possible that when you try to access your inbox you will see the wrong password error, which makes it impossible for you to access your account. Reset your password by accessing the linkhttps://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx, you will need active recovery information in your account.
- Forget everything : If you have forgotten everything and can no longer open your account, you can contact Microsoft through the following link:https://account.live.com/acsr
- You can’t get the security code : If you don’t have any way to verify your identity, go tohttps://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx, enter your email address and then click on the “I don’t have any of these tests” link. Then follow the steps to recover your account.
- Account locked with a 30-day period : If Microsoft has detected that your account was compromised, it will probably ask you to change the security and recovery information of the account, after which a security period of 30 days must pass before you can log in. again. This is an extreme case but it can happen.
- Active 2-Step Verification : If you have enabled 2-Step Verification, you will need to use the corresponding app password to log in.
- Profile blocked : Outlook blocks accounts that have violated its usage guidelines or have been compromised. To regain access, you must follow the verification steps by SMS.
- While traveling or logging in on another device : Outlook may detect suspicious login activity if you try to log in from a different device or from a different location; In order to log in under these conditions, you must verify your identity using the recovery SMS or email method.
Many account thefts are generally caused by carelessness when logging into the Outlook service or any other service that requires entering a password via the keyboard. That is why we will give you some tips so that the login to your account is as secure as possible, avoiding the loss of your account and that it ends up in the hands of malicious people.
- Check that the address of the page where you enter your data is the official one : Microsoft’s email service can only be accessed through these official addresses: live.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com, microsoft.com , msn.com and also with the subdomain login, account or mail. x .com (where “x” is one of the addresses mentioned above). Make sure the address in the browser is one of them, if you see something weird like 1- outlook.com, stop! It may be a possible phishing attempt.
- Keep your antivirus active and updated. Antivirus and antimalware are extremely important to detect malicious programs that collect sensitive information such as passwords, keep them up to date!
- If it is not your computer, please close the session when finished. Don’t make the mistake of leaving your session active on devices that don’t belong to you, other people could check your email!
- Update your password regularly; For help with that, check out our article on how to change your Hotmail password.
Enjoy the service that Microsoft provides for free without any inconvenience by following the advice we have just given you. With them your account will be totally safe and you will not have any inconvenience.
What happened to Hotmail? All about Outlook.com
Outlook is one of the most widely used email services on the internet, as we already mentioned at the beginning of the article. The creation of an account in this service provides access to various services offered by Microsoft, such as Skype, OneDrive, Office 360, among others.
If your email is @ hotmail.com, it will surely seem strange to have to log in to Outlook mail, however, you should know that Microsoft has changed the name of the service from Hotmail to Outlook in 2012, although the transition It only became effective in 2013. This Microsoft email service has gone by various names in the past: Hotmail, MSN Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail and Outlook.com, which is why Hotmail can appear in different domains:
- Mail.live.com : Live.com is owned by Microsoft and there are several Outlook emails registered under the address @ live.com or @ live.es.
- MSN.com : By accessing Microsoft’s MSN.com site, you will have a direct link to email services. MSN stands for “Microsoft Network”. On MSN.com you can find Hotmail sections news, videos, entertainment, Prodigy, sports, horoscope and other very useful sections to keep abreast of what is happening in the world.
- Hotmail.com : The classic address, existing since the launch of the service in 1996.
- Outlook.com : The new address, which remains to this day. This domain redirects directly to outlook.live.com.
- Microsoft.com : It is the main domain of Microsoft. On some occasions, a Microsoft page may ask you for your Hotmail / Outlook information.
- Skype : It is Microsoft’s instant messaging service that replaced MSN Messenger. You can download it and access the service using your Hotmail email account. More information about Skype.
Normal Hotmail – Classic or Old Version
Are you nostalgic about the previous design that Hotmail.com had and want to use it again? Recall that in 2013 Microsoft reinvented the Hotmail brand to be renamed Outlook.com. Many users want to go back to the previous version of Hotmail, but we regret to inform you that this is not possible as Microsoft has discontinued the previous design of Hotmail and it is no longer available to their users. The old layout looked like this:
The image above is the old version of Hotmail, when its name was Windows Live Hotmail. In 2013, Microsoft began migrating the old inbox to the new one, making it impossible to go back to the old one. You will notice that currently, when you enter hotmail.com you will be automatically redirected to Outlook.com; This is not a problem since you can also check your Hotmail email through Outlook.
However, something that in Mundo Accounts we have noticed is that many users are not satisfied with the inbox that is divided into “Others” and “Priorities”, something that in many cases is annoying since they tend to lose sight of important emails. Fortunately, there is the option to unify the inbox (so that it appears similar to old Hotmail).
To leave the inbox similar to how Hotmail was before, you must go to the settings icon in the upper right corner (the one with the gear) and then deactivate the “Priority Inbox” option. You will see how all your emails are displayed in a single tray.
Microsoft has also acquired regional domains for its email service, such as the ones mentioned below:
- Mexico : in this country, the Hotmail mail service offers the domain hotmail.com.mx to access the mail, many registered addresses have the at @ hotmail.com.mx; however, these addresses are apparently no longer available.
- Colombia : Hotmail’s Colombian domain is hotmail.com.co, it is possible to access email from that address.
- Venezuela : the Caribbean country does not have its own domain that redirects directly to Microsoft’s mail service.
- Peru : From Peru it is possible to access Hotmail through the domain hotmail.com.pe.
- Argentina : the service is also widely used in this country, which can be accessed through hotmail.com.ar. We have noticed that the address outlook.com.ar is also available for access to the mail.
- Spain : in the European country, hotmail.es is the regional domain used by the service. In addition, the suffix @ outlook.es is also available when creating a new email. The site www.hotmail.es is accessible and goes directly to the inbox.
Among other domains available to some users who want to create an account from certain countries.
It is important that you know all this information to avoid confusion or doubts when accessing the Microsoft email service.
See in other languages: Hotmail enter direct (Portuguese – Brazil).