What is the Wifi Router and what is it for?
To know what it is for and what the WiFi router is, you must first know what a conventional router is; It is a device that is responsible for uniformly distributing the Internet to a computer network, obtained through the ADSL cable that connects with the service provider; in addition, it controls the quality of the service , and provides protection from unauthorized access.
While a WiFi router performs the same functions as the previous one and adds wireless connection, ideal for mobile devices without having to connect via a cable to the internet; Furthermore, the number of devices that can be connected is not limited to the number of ports the router has.
How does it work?
- It receives the internet connection that comes from the service provider and goes to the connected devices.
- Devices connected on the network have the same Internet connection speed provided by the DSL modem.
- Allowing all computers to connect with each other.
What are the types and their characteristics?
- Router type B: this is among the cheapest on the market, since it is slow and old, according to a wireless connection with a speed of up to 11 Mbps and using the 2.4 GHz frequency band for data transmission; but it presents interference in appliances and microwaves.
- Type G router: It also uses a 2.4 GHz frequency but its bandwidth is higher than the previous one, of 54 Mbps allowing a faster connection ; especially for users who access applications such as games.
- Type N router: They are currently the fastest with technology called multiple input-multiple output, they have many antennas with a frequency band of 2.4 GHz and 5GHz; one for entry and one for exit; its connection speed of up to 100 Mbps.
- Mobile type router: It uses the cellular network to connect to the internet as long as there is a signal in the place; your connection speed will depend on the signal from the nearest repeater tower.
Buying Guide for your WiFi router
- Huawei E5577 4G LTE Portable Wifi Router : With this router you can navigate at good speed, thanks to the 150MB / s download and 50MB / s upload.
- TP-LINK M7350 Mobile Wifi Router : If you travel in a group, 10 different devices can be connected simultaneously, with a download speed of 150 Mbps and upload speed of 50 Mbps; with 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz dual band.
- Netgear AC810-100EUS Wireless Wifi Router : Allows the connection of 15 devices at the same time, includes a color touch screen so you can configure what you need; Includes 2 connectors for external antennas.
- Huawei E5573C 4G portable router : It is very practical due to its small size, it has excellent coverage, it works with the HiLlink application allowing the limit or acceptance of the participants.
- TP-Link M7450 300 Mbps Wireless 4G Wifi Router : Very powerful with connection speed of 300 Mbps and 50 Mbps upload; 32 devices can be connected.
Finally, it can be seen that the Wifi router has solved many difficulties for a huge number of customers, however, some mention that in the not-too-distant future, it will be supplanted by 5G connectivity. If the information was useful to you, do not hesitate to share it and leave your opinion in the comments.