In the event that you have been able to measure your internet connection speed and have realized that it is slower than normal, then MU-MIMO technology will be your salvation.
In other words, you will no longer have to resort to homemade methods, such as making a Wi-Fi signal repeater or amplifier so that the Wi-Fi speed increases considerably.
What is MU-MIMO technology?
Not being a very mentioned name, you are surely wondering what MU-MIMO technology is. Well, this new technology allows that, without losing the speed of the internet, there can be many devices connected to a router.
Today it is quite common for a single Wi-Fi router to have a large number of connected devices. Whether they are phones, tablets, televisions, among others, in a home there is always more than one device using Wi-Fi, as they need an internet connection.
So, seeing this situation, the ideal is to use MU-MIMO technology. This makes it possible that, having several devices connected to Wi-Fi, the quality and speed of the connection is not affected.
How can MU-MUMO technology improve Wi-Fi speed?
There is no doubt that this technology can be very useful in any home today. Not only does it allow us to connect multiple devices, but it also greatly improves the quality and speed of the connection.
In addition, this technology can be very beneficial for small and large companies. This is because these normally have offices that have more than one device connected to the internet network.
Without a doubt, this technology improves the internet of the WiFi router to be able to play online , watch streams, make video conferences and search the web quickly.
In fact, today MU-MIMO technology has become one of the first options when it comes to accelerating the internet to the maximum .
What should you take into account when using MU-MIMO technology?
As with any technology today, there are certain factors to consider when using MU-MIMO technology.
Since MU-MIMO technology is very different from others used by Wi-Fi routers, it is worth investigating further. In this way, you can use it correctly.
Here are some factors that you should take into account when using MU-MIMO technology, so that you can get the most out of it.
- It does not have an unlimited capacity: although it is true that it allows several devices to connect to a router at the same time, its capacity has a maximum limit of 3 or 4 devices. Otherwise, your speed will be slightly affected.
- Only works on the 5Ghz band: Because it is part of the Wi-Fi AC standard, MU-MIMO technology will only send data to devices on the 5Ghz band.
- MU-MIMO technology uses beamforming: Unlike other technologies of this nature, MU-MIMO sends data specifically to the device that requested it using beamforming. It does not send data randomly.
- Devices do not need more than one antenna: although using multiple antennas with MU-MIMO technology can improve connection speed, this is not necessary.
- Only compatible devices can use it: To use MU-MIMO technology, you need to have devices that are compatible with it.
- Channel width does not matter: this technology accepts any channel width.
- It is really safe: since the MU-MIMO technology encodes the data before sending it, it allows to have a very secure network. In this way, only the device that requested the data can decode it.
We also recommend that, if you want to use MU-MIMO technology, buy the most modern routers in trusted stores. Whether online, such as Amazon, or a physical store, try to make it a safe and reliable store.
We hope that all this information can be useful to you, and that you can enjoy a quality internet connection .