Knowing each of the components of your computer gives you a more specific vision of how it works. And in turn, it generates the necessary knowledge to improve the optimal performance of the device.
For people who are not studying computer science, but who want to know the wonderful world of how a computer works, it can be difficult to understand at first.
Some people don’t even try to understand this fun universe of components, plain and simple because it seems so complicated to them.
The operation of a computer is based on many elements, almost all of them are equally essential, except for the motherboard (of greater relevance). But there are some who do not get the attention they deserve.
Such is the case with output peripherals. These devices, together with the input devices, are the ones that channel a large amount of information to each action you can perform on your computer.
What are they for?
Firstly, the input devices allow you, by manipulating external elements such as the keyboard or mouse, these being the most basic and essential, to send information to your computer: write a word, move the pointer or click.
That’s where output devices come in. Once the action that you have carried out through the input device, your computer processes it to represent it through the output peripherals.
Types of output peripherals
As mentioned above, the names of the different components of a computer go unnoticed, totally ignoring that they are part of a whole that is important for the proper functioning of a computer.
- Monitor : It is the main and most important output peripheral that a computer can have. Through this device, you can graph the result of each and every one of the actions you carry out by manipulating the input devices. These may vary in presentation and there are increasingly models with a higher resolution quality
- Printers : The multifunctional models of these devices are quite versatile. Enough to place yourself in both categories:
- They function as input peripherals when document and image scanning or digitizing tools are used, but can also be considered as output peripherals when instructing to print a file.
- In the market, you can also get a wide variety of these devices, and all are considered as output peripherals, even 3D printers.
- Sound : Carrying out the action of playing a song, results in the speakers or sound equipment connected to the computer operating.
- The volume control other tools that your computer offers could improve the quality of this component. Your computer can bring integrated sound devices, but they can also be considered as output peripherals to headphones and any other type of device designed to emit the sounds reproduced by the computer.
- Projectors : Like the monitor, these are used to graph the actions that are carried out through the input peripherals. They are special for actions related to the reproduction of multimedia content.
Other types of output peripherals
At least as far as graphic representation is concerned, monitors and projectors are not the only devices that can be used for this purpose.
More and more computers make available other types of connectors different from the traditional VGA, such as HDMI ports, to improve the quality of the graphics, being able to be connected to quality televisions .
In the same way, televisions are an ideal medium as an output peripheral, since, in addition to displaying images, it can also reproduce the sounds of multimedia files on the computer.
In this way, you already have practically a base about the operation of computers: it is a constant and intense exchange of information between different types of devices ( input and output) that help the execution of commands or instructions, and the graphic representation or auditory of them.