Knowing in depth each and every one of the components that are part of a computer, would allow to understand how your computer works, being of great help when identifying and solving future errors.
The care and maintenance of the computer will allow to maintain its optimal functioning, avoiding uncomfortable situations that may slow down the work of the computer.
What are input peripherals?
One of the elements or components of a computer that is rarely talked about has to do with the input peripherals. These are nothing more than that bridge that communicates your computer with external media.
That is, entering commands, obtaining data, entering instructions to the computer, any type of action involves a constant exchange of information between what you do and what the computer processes.
What are they for?
The input peripherals are used to facilitate the way you communicate with the computer when performing a certain action.
The manipulation of external components or elements to instruct the computer to carry out an action sends a series of information to the computer so that it can be represented by other devices, generally output devices.
Types of input peripherals
To help better exemplify what an input peripheral can be, the most commonly used devices on any computer will be explained below.
The most common
There is a category of these types of devices that are considered simply essential in any computer, and that, in addition, have an extensive variety in presentations.
- Keyboard : Each of the keys that make up this device can represent an action, especially if the keys that go from F1 to F12 are taken into account. The actuation of this type of keys can be used for the reproduction of multimedia files, volume control, among others. Logitech offers a variety of keyboards, ranked among the best on the market, like the.
- Mouse : Another perfect example of input peripherals. Regardless of the presentation of the mouse (cable, wireless, wheel or sensors, traditional or gamer), the mere fact of moving the cursor already involves sending information to the computer to be able to graph the movement that you are instructing to be made.
Some have been implemented over the years, making computers have much more versatile and interesting functions.
- Game controls : Also known as joystick, they are very popular in gamer computers, it is another of the devices that falls into the category of input peripherals, since it is used to give instructions in the development of games through a series of buttons.
- Speech recognition : Many computers have incorporated this system, and it is expected that it will continue to be refined, even to the point where the keyboard is not an essential element. Through this tool, you can order the execution of different actions: open applications, folders, carry out a search, restart or turn off the computer.
- Multifunctional printers : Through these devices, the digitization of external documents is ordered for storage on the computer, whether they are texts or images.
- Stylus : A very particular tool within the category of this type of device. Its use in touch screens facilitates the execution of actions that could be done through the keyboards or through the mouse
- Sound devices : The connection of microphones to your computer also fall into this category, to allow the capture of external sounds and their storage on the computer.
Other types of input peripherals
Some input devices that might not become that common, at least not on a computer that you may have at home, are:
- Devices for reading code bars.
- Medical devices such as the ultrasound, mammography, MRI, and tomography.
- Fingerprint sensors.
Any other type of device, whose objective is to capture external information, or whose manipulation allows the execution of an instruction, could fall into this category.