What do you need to watch PC movies on your Samsung Smart TV without cables?
- The Smart TV must have the Tizen operating system .
- Connect the PC and the Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
What are the steps to watch PC movies on your Samsung Smart TV without cables?
Here are four methods to watch PC movies on your Samsung Smart TV without cables. With the first one, your Smart TV must have a Tizen operating system, and with the rest of the methods you should only have the same WiFi network for both devices:
- In Windows go to “start” and select ” Mobility Center “.
- Once there, click on “Connect screen”.
- Then the “Project” section will appear; Among the projection options you will find several, go to “Duplicate”, it allows you to watch the movies without turning off the screen of your PC, or to “Only second screen”, but the screen of your PC will remain off.
- Then, in that same menu, click on the final part “Connect to a wireless projection”.
- Wait a few seconds, select your Smart TV and finally the movie will play.
How to connect your Smart TV to PC
- If it is the first time that you are going to connect your Smart TV to your computer or PC , you must add it to Windows; for that, right click on the start button.
- Go to “Settings”.
- On the next screen go to “Devices”, then click on “Connected Devices”.
- Finally, in the “Add Devices” section, click “Add a device”, and finally select your Smart TV.
- Search your PC for Windows Media Player.
- Once in it, click on the “Transmit” tab located on the top bar.
- Select “Turn on media streaming.”
- It will take you to another screen, in “Choose multimedia streaming options for computers and devices” click on “Activate multimedia streaming”.
- Then all the DLNA compatible devices that are on your network will appear, there check that the Smart TV is listed as allowed , then click Next.
- In Group Home all the files you want to share will appear: images, videos, music, documents, devices and printers, etc. click Next.
- Click on “Finish”,
- Now play one of your movies, once it starts playing, click on the button in the upper right corner.
- On the next screen, click on the “Play in” button, which you will also find in the upper right corner, there select “Play to”, there in the sub-menu select (TV) Smart TV.
- Finally, wait a few seconds and the movie will start playing on your Smart TV.
- You can play the movie from the folder where you have it saved on your PC, just locate it.
- Go to the movie, right click on it, in the sub-menu go to the option “Play To” and then to (TV) Smart TV.
- Finally, wait until the movie loads on your Smart TV.
- Turn on your Samsung TV, on the control press the “source” option .
- Go to the TV option , and with your control press “Ok”.
- Go to your PC, there in the taskbar go to “Settings”.
- Click on “Start” and press the option “System, Display, notifications and applications”.
- Go to “Connect to a wireless projection”, then a menu will appear on the right side, there click on the name of your Smart TV.
- Wait for it to connect and appear on your computer.
- And now you can watch movies from your PC to your Smart TV.
You can take advantage of your Samsung Smart TV wirelessly to see everything and now you know how to watch PC movies on your Samsung Smart TV without cables; And in case you didn’t know, with these same steps you can play videos and everything you project from your PC.