Namecheap has been characterized as one of the best platforms to acquire domains due to its low prices. Although if you do not want to acquire the hosting you always have the possibility of transferring a web domain from Namecheap to another platform.
How to Transfer a Web Domain from One Namecheap Account to Another – Step by Step
It may seem like a complex process, but migrating a domain is a simple task once you learn how to do it. We will show you step by step how to do it, taking into account that you have already acquired the domain.
Before starting, verify that your contact information, such as your email, is up to date. Email is essential to complete the domain transfer.
Verify that the domain is not blocked
- Namecheap from Namecheap with your username and password
- Access the Dashboard from the menu on the left
- Locate the domain you want to transfer in the panel and click the Manage button
- The new page shows the domain configuration details , but what we are interested in is accessing Sharing & Transfer, where the domain transfer configuration is located.
- Find the last option called Transfer out, which is the option to transfer a domain outside of Namecheap. Next to the Domain lock field it must be OFF. If this is the case it stays that way.
- In case it is blocked, it will be shown with the message ON, click on the UNLOCK option . In this way the domain should be unlocked.
Request authorization code
- On the same Sharing and transfer page you will find the link to request the code. Click the AUTH CODE button .
- A new window opens where you must enter the reason for the transfer (Pricing, support, technical and other) and optionally you can add a comment with the request.
- Now press the Send Code button so that the code is sent to your email.
Once you have the code, you must place it on the new platform where the domain will be hosted to accept the transfer request. The domain transfer can take up to five business days.
Advantages of acquiring a domain on Namecheap
Certainly acquiring or renewing a domain on Namecheap can be beneficial, particularly if you have little experience creating web pages. In addition to offering the alternative of paying with Bitcoin or Paypal. It has an integrated billing where you can save balance for future purchases.
- Low prices. They offer the best prices on the market compared to other platforms. Many people choose to buy domains on Namecheap, because their prices are good value for money.
- Intuitive platform. Almost everything you need is within a few clicks of the platform. It is a matter of familiarizing yourself with the interface to manage your products.
- Efficient technical support. If you have a technical problem with any of your products and contact support, you will have a response in a very short time. They are committed to helping you and will do everything in their power to fix the problem.
- Free SSL. When you acquire your domain on the Namecheap platform, you have the SSL certificate completely free for one year.
Despite the fact that Namecheap has an excellent technical support area, when being served you will have to have previous knowledge of English. The operators only speak this language, although they are still quite patient to attend to your request.
It is important that the platform you choose to buy your domains and hosting is adapted to your needs. Namecheap may be the ideal platform you decide to also purchase the hosting service, since it facilitates the creation of your page.