Today we are going to see how to scan a QR code from my Android or iPhone cell phone. QR codes can make many things easier for us. Without going any further, we even use them to access WhatsApp Web all the time.
The QR codes are becoming more and more popular with the passage of time. We cannot deny the enormous comfort that these can grant us. Therefore, it is important that we know how to read them either from Android or iPhone.
So we are going to see in this detailed tutorial how to scan any QR code regardless of the operating system you have on your mobile device.
The first thing you will have to do is check if your device supports QR code scanning. Today most phones are. However, if your mobile is several years old, it is better to verify it.
If you wish, you can check it directly with WhatsApp Web, then enter WhatsApp from your mobile. In the upper right corner of the screen you can see three points, click on them and you will see a menu where you will have to click on “WhatsApp Web “.
Then point the camera at the QR code that appears on the site where we entered previously and that’s it. If it works, your device supports QR code scanning.
How to scan QR code on Android
- First we will have to download the Google Assistant application from the Play Store in case you do not have it downloaded.
- Once open we will have to click on the icon that appears in the center, on the left side.
- If it is the first time we use it, it will ask us for certain permissions, you must accept to be able to use Assistant.
- Now focus on the QR code you want to read and press the magnifying glass icon at the bottom.
- A pop-up window appears with the results.
In case you want to read articles you can move the icons from the bottom to the right and select the one that has the shape of a “Cart “. You can also use it to focus on different dishes in case you do not recognize them or do not know what they are called to search in Google.
The icons on the left side of Assistant are also extremely useful, since we can use them to translate text just by pointing at it with the camera or to copy paragraphs, etc. So it is extremely useful.
How to scan QR code on iPhone
- In the case of the iPhone, these natively bring the ability to read QR codes. So what you should do is open your mobile camera directly.
- For those who have iOS 12 or higher , from the control panel they have a QR code reader.
- Now what you have to do is point the camera at the QR code. Make sure it’s clear and not too far from the device.
- Obviously the activity does not start automatically. A small notification appears in the upper bar of the screen where it will show you a small information related to said QR code and the option to open it if you wish.
- This is for safety reasons. So, if you are sure that it is a good idea to open this code, you can click on the notification.
As you can see on both iOS and Android, it is extremely easy to read a QR code. In the case of Assistant, it can even be used for several very useful things.
Likewise, if you have any kind of doubt about it, you can leave it in the comments which you will find a little further down.