In the event that you have images in BMP format and you consider that they have dimensions, size or a very high weight, we recommend this guide in which we will teach How to change or reduce the size of an image with BMP – Step by step.
How to Resize or Reduce an Image with BMP – Step by Step
Sometimes we need to reduce the size and weight of an image to use it in various applications. In fact, there are several different methods with which we can reduce the size of an image in BMP format. In any case, we consider that using applications such as FastStone Photo Resizer, end up being the most convenient option.
FastStone Photo Resizer
The FastStone Photo Resizer application is highly recommended in case you want to change the size of an image. The software supports a large number of different files, including BMP, which is why it is one of the most recommended and easy-to-use options
- The first thing you should do is obtain the application, which you can download from its official website, which you can access through the official website of Faststone.
- Once you are inside the official website of FastStone Photo Resizer, locate the latest version of the file and proceed to press on the “Download” button . A new window will appear that will allow you to choose the type of distribution that best suits your needs, in any case we recommend selecting the first option “Exe”.
- When you have properly downloaded the program, proceed to install it as normal. Then you can start using it to convert your BMP files to other formats and also reduce their size very easily.
Use FastStone Photo Resizer
- Open the application, as you can see on the right side appears the section “InputList”, space in which you must drag all those files you want to change size.
- Make sure that the “Use Advanced Options” option is active and then click on the “Advanced Options” tab.
- Many functions will be shown, so you must locate the first tab “Resize” and activate the option of the same name that appears below.
- As you will see, there are several ways to change the size of an image.
With the first option “In Pixels” you must select exactly the size in both its height and width.
The second option “In Percentage” will allow you to choose a percentage of the size change.
With the third option “In Print Size” you can choose the size in inches (inch) or centimeters, something especially useful if you want to print the image.
The last option “Resize base on one size” will allow you to reduce the size based on one side of the image, where “Height” represents the height and “Width” the width.
Once you have selected the most convenient configuration, the last step is to click on the “Convert” button, after which the size of the images provided will be appropriately reduced. If you prefer to use another tool, you can compress photos and reduce the size of an image with Pingo . Whether you decide to use one application or another, the result you will get will be equally optimal.
Reduce the weight of an image in BMP format
Using the application that we previously presented, FastStone Photo Resizer, it is also possible to reduce the weight size of an image in BMP format. This process is quite simple and can be done very quickly.
Changing the weight of an image in BMP format will lead to converting it to other more efficient formats, such as jpeg, a very useful loss format in case you want to save space on your storage unit. Although you can also choose to compress several images in batch without losing quality online and for free .
- The first thing you should do is add the files in BMP format that you want to convert to the program.
- In the “Output Format” section, you should select “JPEG Format”, which as we pointed out before will help to greatly reduce the total weight of the image.
- It should be noted that by clicking on the “Settings” option, you can change different factors that will help you have an image in jpeg format of greater or lesser weight, by default it is 90, but you can also reduce this figure to obtain an even image weight less.
- Once you have properly configured the image as you want, just click on the “Convert” option to finish the process.