They are found within a sentence, which intersperses another and also has a relationship to each other. It is important to clarify its use, since both to write formulas in mathematics and for texts in literature, its incorrect use can lead to erroneous or misunderstood results.
Learn to place this symbol from the keyboard is important, since it simplifies its use and application possibilities. Depending on the operating system and the combinations that we make the application form, it will be different. That is why here, we will teach you how to do it so that you never forget it and apply it correctly. In the same way you can place it from the virtual keyboard of your pc.
Place the parentheses with the keyboard
- The first thing we will do is look on our keyboard for the “Shift” key. Once we have it located, we will proceed to keep it pressed until the next step.
- While you press “Shift “, you must locate on your keyboard, that key whose one of its symbols is “( ” and also “) ” in order to close your parentheses. You will see that when you press each one they appear immediately on your screen.
Place the parentheses with the combination of the letter ALT + ASCII code
If the above method didn’t work at all, it probably might, if you use ASCII code. To do so, you just have to follow the following steps:
- Start by pressing the “ALT” key and then on the numeric keyboard, dial the number “91”. With this and automatically, “(” will appear.
- Now what you need is to close it and for this, you must hold down the “ALT ” key again and followed the number “93 ” on the numeric keyboard .
And voila, your parentheses will be ready and located
How to place parentheses from a laptop
Maybe if you have a laptop, the task of placing the parentheses will be a bit complicated, since in the laptop there is no numeric keypad as we know it in a normal PC. To be able to place the parentheses, you just have to do the following:
- Begin by locating and pressing the “FN + NumLock ” key. With this action, you will be activating the numeric keypad on your laptop keyboard. This corresponds to the 7, 8, 9, U, I, O, J, K, L keys .
- Now, in order to obtain the symbol of the parenthesis, you will only have to press the following combination: “ALT + 91 ” in order to obtain the open parenthesis. And as the last step, to close it, you just have to press the following: “ALT + 93 “.
- Once you have finished, all that remains is to deactivate the numeric keyboard and for this you must press: FN + NumLock.
How to place parentheses from a MAC
The versions of the MacOS operating system , in general, have different functionalities, so it is common that the same thing that we apply in Windows or Linux does not work for us here. To place the parentheses you just have to do the following:
- The first thing you should do is place your keyboard in Spanish, since it is not configured in this way.
- After that, you must press the combination “ALT + Shift +” (“. Both in the open and closed symbol. And voila, that way you will see the parentheses in your Word sheet .
- If you want to leave the keyboard in English, you must follow the same procedures that you did when the keyboard was in Spanish.
This symbol is used in multiple ways and the best thing in any case is to always know how to locate it regardless of the keyboard or operating system where we are.