Photos and videos are a great way to capture moments that leave a mark on people’s lives. It is always important to have a good phone at hand capable of taking professional photos of people and those incredible unrepeatable moments.
A fun situation, an important moment, a life, the first steps of a baby and any other special occasion you want, which you want to keep in the memory.
But these moments are not always captured in an open and pleasant way. Many times, because of the serious and at the same time comical of a situation, you need the photo to be taken in the most secretive and prudent way possible.
The failures of trying to go unnoticed
Just at the moment when you do not want uncomfortable situations when taking a picture of someone, two things happen: you forgot that you had the flash activated (or automatic), or your mobile phone rings when the image is captured.
How to avoid an embarrassing situation
To avoid these extremely uncomfortable events, the most common recommendations are to make sure you keep the flash off and turn off the sound made by your mobile device’s camera when taking the picture.
On the other hand, if you want to capture the photos in a more discreet and mischievous way, we recommend playing cunningly and taking photos remotely with a Xiaomi Mi Band . If you make good use of this accessory, it will be more difficult for people to know that they have been photographed.
Volume settings on the phone
One of the main ways to mute your camera sounds is by going into your smartphone’s volume settings. There are two ways to do it:
- Entering the configuration panel of your device, clicking on the sounds section and lowering the volume on the computer.
- Use the volume control buttons to be able to silence your phone.
In this way, you could try again the use of the camera of your mobile device and, when taking a picture, you will not hear the shutter. These two measures work practically on all smartphones of the Android brand. In this way now you can capture
Disable camera shutter
Another option that you have, but that is not available in most of the smartphones, is the direct deactivation of the shutter. To do this, you must follow the following steps:
- Enter the camera application of your mobile phone.
- Click on the configuration button.
- Generally, a section that refers to the shutter sound should appear. At this point, you just have to press the button to deactivate it.
However, the way this option is presented may vary depending on the Android phone model you own. Similarly, this option may not be presented, since, as mentioned above, it is not available on many devices.
Disable sound by notification bar
An alternative very similar to the main ones that were explained previously, is the deactivation of the sounds of the mobile phone using the option offered by the menu or notification bar. To do this, you just have to:
- Regardless of whether the phone is locked or unlocked, swipe down.
- In this way, you will be able to view the menu or notification bar, through which you must locate the sound button.
- The ideal would be to press it in such a way that the mobile device is silent, since, in case of leaving it in vibration, there would still be a chance that the camera shutter maintains the sound. It may also work for you to block notifications by activating the Android “do not disturb” mode .
Many companies have valid arguments for not including the option to disable the shutter sound on their mobile computers. In fact, there are countries that prohibit this action. Such is the case of South Korea and Japan, whose argument is based on the fact that this is a measure that would reduce the risk of photographic taking without the consent of the third parties involved.
Other companies forced to keep the sound
One of the smartphones that cannot disable the camera shutter sound are those belonging to the Apple company . The reasons are the same as those exposed by Japan and South Korea.
The sound that iPhone cameras emit is not loud enough to warn someone that they are taking a photo with their consent. And there are even those who take the measure of placing their finger on the speaker output to minimize it. On the other hand, if you really want to turn off or mute your iPhone’s camera click , it’s also possible.