As always, we are committed to teaching you the best way to take advantage of your resources. In this case, if you do not have a computer or laptop at the moment, we will explain that it is possible to make a GIF with a YouTube video with your Android or iPhone cell phone. But first, it is important to let us know what a GIF is and why it is useful on YouTube.
Create a Gif using YouTube under Android environment
We check several methods, the most common is to place the word GIF in the address or url before YouTube. We tested it on our cell phone under the Android system, and it really didn’t work out; we even get the typical wrong page message. Maybe it works if you do it from a computer, but here we will explain so you can do it from your cell phone.
- First of all, make sure you have a good internet connection , because you run the risk of losing the procedure if the connection drops.
- You can go to the YouTube application on Android. If you don’t have it, no problem, you can go to Google and put YouTube in the space.
- Find the video of your preference that you want to extract a GIF, preferably less than 3 minutes. We found that videos longer than that time made the process difficult.
- When you find it, observe and write down the time interval that interests you in the video.
- Later, among the options that are presented to you, touch “share” and then “copy link”. Here you will be getting the address or url of the youtube video.
- Open the gifs.com page. This website will facilitate the creation of your GIF, extracting the animation you like.
- Starting the page you find a space that indicates that you can paste the address of the video there. When doing so, wait a few minutes.
- You will watch your video, below it tells you to select the start time and the end time. To do so, slide your finger over the timeline.
- Once this is done, touch the “Create Gif” button and wait a few seconds.
- And voila, you have it, it will show you your Gif already created. If you want to download it, you just have to touch the download button or download, and select the size.
- It will ask you for a brief registration, do not worry, it is free and above all fast. Once your email is confirmed, you will be able to download and enjoy it.
Create a GIF using YouTube with iPhone
- You go to Safari and from there we go to YouTube.
- When you find the video, you play it on your iPhone. Meanwhile, press the icon at the bottom with an arrow pointing up to activate the AirDrop.
- In the AirDrop window , tap the shortcuts icon. If you have the button deactivated, press the option “more” of the 3 consecutive points (…) and activate it.
- Then you touch the red box “Download YouTube” and we wait for it to run.
- Then you go to the “AirDrop” menu and touch “Save video”, it automatically stores it on the reel.
To create the GIF there are other alternatives , here we will show you another one, we recommend you download the Gif Toaster application ; When you open it, it allows you to access your iPhone’s library.
- When you see the downloaded video, select it.
- And click on the arrow in the upper right to add effects.
- Mark the portion of the video that you want to convert to GIF.
- Finished editing, continue pressing the arrow and voila, you can now save the GIF in your gallery.
We hope you were satisfied with the simple steps in the explanation. Creating your own GIFs from a YouTube video from Android or iPhone is really easy. When we do research, we try to find the process that works, and above all that it is easier to apply it. Put it into practice and tell us how it went.