How to increase the RAM memory of my computer or laptop?
If you are one of the people who constantly need to download programs, applications, or files, it is likely that you have encountered storage and execution problems when performing different tasks on your computer or laptop.
This situation can become somewhat annoying and uncomfortable, and it is no wonder. Although solving this problem, generally quite simple. Today we teach you the technique that you can apply to end this problem.
How to change the RAM memory of your computer or laptop for one with much more storage capacity?
This alternative is much more viable and practical, and it only requires the purchase of a new RAM memory that has much more storage capacity. However, you must take into account certain important aspects when buying a new RAM memory, among them the following stand out:
- The first thing is to have knowledge of the type of memory that your computer or laptop has. If you still do not have knowledge of it, you can enter this link, through this page you will be able to obtain help regarding the type of RAM memory that your computer has.
- Upon entering you will find two options available, one of which is “select computer”.
- In case you know the brand of your computer or laptop, you must select the serial code and the type of model.
- When you enter this information, the page will automatically generate the type of RAM you have and its storage capacity
- If, on the other hand, you do not have this knowledge, you must click on the “scan computer” option . The system will take care of a more thorough review of your computer and offer you the data obtained.
- Once you know the right type of RAM for your computer, you can buy a new one with much more storage capacity.
Steps to change the RAM memory of your computer or laptop
First of all, you must make sure that the computer or laptop is turned off. In the case of being a desktop computer, it is necessary to disconnect it. Wait at least ten seconds to start the change process.
Now if you have a laptop remove the battery and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds to make sure you consume the remaining power.
Next, go to the place where the RAM is contained . In a laptop it can be differentiated very easily, since next to one of the back covers just next to the screw there is a figure allusive of it.
With the help of a screwdriver, enter this space, carefully remove the metal tabs located on the sides that support it. It is important that before removing the RAM memory, observe the position and exact location of the slots to place the new memory correctly.
At the end, replace the lid. Turn on the computer and go to the desktop. Then right click and select “properties”. And if you look closely at the details of the system, you will find in the installed RAM item the data of the new memory with much more storage space.
As you can see, the process is quite simple, it does not matter if you are not an expert in digital matters, it only requires a little patience and to follow all the instructions step by step. It is also important that you know how to know if the RAM memory is burned or damaged.