It is much easier and more reliable to connect the DualShock 3 to an Android phone if it is rooted. But do not worry, there is a solution for everything and even if you do not want or cannot root your Android device , you will also be able to enjoy your remote on your mobile phone.
Connect DualShock 3 to Android without root
If you don’t have root permissions, you can still connect the PS3 controller to your mobile device, although the process may be a bit more complicated. For this you must make sure that your phone has the USB Host function to be able to synchronize the devices. You will also need it to be compatible with USB OTG .
You will need to configure the Sixaxis Enabler application on the mobile phone in order to synchronize the control using the USB OTG cable. Then in the same app you must choose Enable Sixaxis.
You will have to turn on the control until you achieve the process and you may have to do it several times so we recommend you arm yourself with patience. Although you should not have any kind of problem with the USB OTG cable, we must bear in mind that some emulators can cause problems.
To solve this problem, we recommend you download the USB / BT Joystick Center 2020 app and link the controller with it. With this app you can map the buttons of the DualShock 3 and in this way you avoid any kind of problem.
How to connect PS3 controller to my Android
The first thing you are going to do is download the Sixaxis Compatibility Checker app. This is to verify that your device is compatible with a PS3 controller. The only problem is that it is necessary to have the device rooted in order to carry out the process.
The same application is not only used to verify compatibility. If not, it will also provide you with the Bluetooth connection address of the remote, so you must write it down, since we will need it later.
To change this address, you will have to go to the Dancing Pixel Studios website and download the Sixaxis PairTool application that will let you enter the Bluetooth address that we wrote down in the previous step.
Here we will need to use a USB cable to connect the PS3 controller to the computer. When we do, Windows will download the drivers for said control and after this you can change the Bluetooth address through the app that we previously downloaded.
Connect PS3 Controller to Android Device
- After this you will have to download the Sixaxis Controller application which you can find in the Google store.
- Once downloaded and installed, you will have to open the application and leave it in the background.
- Now you will have to go to “ Settings ” and then to “ Language and text input ” to check the Sixaxis Controller box.
- Now open the app again and you must press the “Start ” button. Wait until the legend “ Listening for controllers ” appears and after that you will have to press the PS button on the controller (it is located between the sticks) to be able to synchronize it with the cell phone.
- To finish, click the Change IME option and then check Sixaxis Controller.
In case you want to use the controller again on the console, don’t worry because the process is much easier. All you have to do is press the PS button when the PlayStation is turned on and voila.