How to change video format without programs
This trick works for Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10, it is very simple and it will not take you more than three minutes to do it.
Search among your files for the video you want to make the format change to . It is recommended that you make a copy of the video in case an error occurs and the file is damaged.
- You can check the video format by right clicking on the file and selecting the Properties option.
- Verify that the file extension can be seen along with the name.
- In case it is not visible, open any folder, select the view tab and click options
- A new Folder Options window opens . Select the view tab.
- Find the option Hide file extensions for known file types. This option must be disabled so that the extensions in the file name can be seen.
If you decide to change your operating system to Windows 10 pro you can enable this option easier. Clicking on the view tab and enabling the File name extensions option .
- The extension is already visible next to the file name. Select the file and then you do a simple click on it.
- Modify the extension. Delete the one you currently have and put the new format.
- A warning message appears indicating that the file may be unusable and if you are sure to make the change. Select the Yes button and your video has a new format in a matter of seconds.
- Play the video in the player of your choice to verify that it is working normally.
Convert online videos for free
There are many more options for non -Windows users who do not want to install a third-party application on their PC. It is a very good option when you are going to change the format of some specific videos and not do it regularly.
One of the most popular options, especially for the possibility of converting videos from resolutions of 144P to 1080P. It is one of the best online converters out there and it is free.
Apowersoft is compatible with almost any device and operating system. It works pretty quickly, plus you can make edits to the video, add filters, and flip it before changing the format.
You can adjust the volume and save in 16: 9, 4: 3 or 3: 2 sizes, according to your needs. You can convert multiple videos at the same time and they will be queued to convert, saving the user a lot of time.
It is a very good tool to convert videos and like Apowersoft it is free. With ClipChamp you have the ability to save in various resolutions from 240p to 4K, which is a pretty good quality level.
They have a wide variety of output formats from the most standard ones such as MP4, which is one of the most used because it is very light, to Microsoft Windows’ WMV. It has a basic editing tool to make previous changes and if you want more modification options you must subscribe to the platform.
If you need to convert multiple videos at once and queue multiple videos, it requires the installation of a Chrome extension.