Keeping our computer updated is very important for it to work properly, that is why today we are going to teach you how to update the drivers for the graphics card on my PC ? – Fast and easy.
It doesn’t matter if you have an Nvidia or AMD graphics card, the truth is that you must constantly update the drivers to get good performance. This is very simple and is something you should do from time to time to keep your team running at its full potential.
Note that the following tutorial is specifically designed for graphics cards, so if you want to update your entire computer, it is convenient that you know how to update the PC drivers in Windows . Without further ado, to update your graphics drivers read the following information.
Why update the graphics card drivers?
Having our graphics drivers updated is something very important, which many people do not take into account, but the truth is that it can be the difference between obtaining good performance and bad results.
The truth is that new games are constantly coming out and technology evolves in the same way, graphic card manufacturing companies release driver updates from time to time , so downloading them is important to have stability and good performance in games and in the system .
If you have doubts in relation to how to update the drivers, through the following guide we will guide you in this procedure.
How do I update my PC graphics card drivers? – Fast and easy
Currently there are two graphic card creators and although there may be many manufacturers, all graphics cards on the market are AMD or Nvidia. Both companies cover the totality of what we can find in video cards for our computers.
Similarly, it will be necessary to download drivers or updates directly from the web pages of each manufacturer. Given this, the first thing is to determine what is the graphics card that we have, in case you do not know it.
Keep in mind that there are different ways to update the drivers, in fact it is possible to update the drivers without programs in Windows 10 , but before resorting to this type of method, it is recommended to update manually as we will show you below.
How to know what graphics card I have
One of the best ways to find out which graphics card you have is using the Dxdiag tool. To enter Dxdiag, the first thing you should do is press the Windows + R key combination and type “dxdiag” (without the quotes).
After doing the above, click on the Display tab and there at the top, where it says device, you will find information about your graphics card. Specifically in the Name section you will be able to know what your video card model is.
Update AMD drivers
- Enter the official AMD page, here at the top of the screen you will see several available options.
- You must locate the Drivers and support section and click on it.
- A table will be displayed on the screen in which you must choose your graphics card, in the first section you must select Graphics and in the second box select the generation of your graphics.
- Then select the last option, where the model of your graph should appear. Now click on Send.
- The AMD page will direct you to the available drivers for your graphics card, select your Operating System and download the latest version of the software.
- Once it has been downloaded correctly, proceed to install and your drivers will be updated.
Update Nvidia drivers
Before starting it is recommended to uninstall the drivers for the Nvidia graphics card , to do a clean installation. To continue the process, read the following information carefully.
- Go to Nvidia Official Website.
- At the top of the screen you will find multiple options, click on Drivers and then on All Nvidia drivers.
- On the next screen, in the first Product Type tab, you must select the type of graphics you have; in Product series the generation of the same and so on.
- Fill in all the data according to your graphics card, your Operating System and your language and click on the Search option.
- The system will locate the necessary driver, click on the Download option to correctly download said driver.
- Once you have downloaded the driver, you just have to proceed with the installation as normal to correctly update your system.