Design is involved in almost any area. The main potential of this is to transform ideas into highly attractive visualizations, optimizing and positioning the work of many people who in one way or another are dedicated to the different branches of design.
Adobe InDesing was born from the need to promote digital typography in a different way. Offering tools that will facilitate the work of designers and helping them create incredible projects.
The innovation of the instruments that this wonderful program has, raises the creative potential of its users, allowing them to design, edit and publish their creations without any kind of difficulty.
What can I create with Adobe InDesing?
This application offers its users the possibility to carry out incredible typographic and multimedia creations such as web page prototypes, interactive PDFs, books, digital book and magazine covers , interactive buttons, incredible flayers, and much more than that.
Its simple, intuitive and versatile interface provides a unique experience to its users, enhancing their creative freedom and raising design standards. InDesing is definitely the favorite tool of layout designers.
Tables in Adobe InDesing
If you need to sort multiple elements such as graphics or data by placing them in one format, a smart alternative would be to add and create tables of contents in your project. Creating a table in the InDesing program is a really simple process, for this you must:
- Open the document in InDesing where you want to enter a table.
- Find the text tool, marked with a “T”, located on the left side of the panel and position yourself in the part of the document where you want the table to be located.
- Once positioned, go to the “Table” file located at the top of the panel.
- An options menu will be displayed where you must select “Insert table”
- Next, a window will pop up, where you must specify the number of rows and columns that you want the table to create to contain.
- In case the contents to be inserted continue in more than one column, you must specify the number of header rows where you want the information to be repeated.
- To finish, press “Ok”. In this way you will have already carried out the process of creating your table which will occupy the width of the text box.
Once the table has been added to your project, you can configure the size of the rows and columns by choosing the option “cell options” located in the Table file. However, you can also carry out this process manually, positioning the cursor over the border of the row or column that you want to modify.
Apply formats to your tables
Making use of the table toolbar, located at the top of the panel once positioned in the table and selecting it.
This tool will allow us to create styles of tables and cells by adding or eliminating rows and columns, editing the height and width of columns and rows, so that they are uniform, in addition to aligning the text and changing the orientation of the table. To make the tables dockable panel visible, you’ll need to:
- Click on the window file located at the top of the panel.
- A menu of options will be displayed and select “text and window”.
- Next, a sub menu of options will appear. Select the option “Tables”.
This will open the tables panel and it will be located in the lower right part of the project. In addition to the actions previously selected, you will be able to customize the format by changing the color, and add margins to the table, thus allowing the content within the table to be separated from its borders.
Customize the font style of the tables
From the table toolbar you can change the font style by applying color gradients to the text contained in the table. For these options to be visible, the table must be selected.
Within this same toolbar you will have the option to adjust the size of the text, add or remove indents or choose bold and italics.