This is the right article for you. A small guide that will solve your doubts about the malfunction of your computer with the newest of Microsoft’s deliveries.
Keep in mind that the spectrum of problems that your PC can present is too wide to cover it in a single publication. With which, we will try to give you an overview of options to follow in the face of certain “symptoms”, but they may not repair some more complex things.
For any inconvenience beyond what is contained in this tutorial, I recommend you contact Microsoft support for Windows 10. This communication channel, with a specialized Microsoft technician, will be adequate (although it takes some time) to solve serious problems. .
Before proceeding, ask yourself what type of failures occur on your Windows 10 PC, that will help you to orient yourself and quickly follow the appropriate method, of which we will present later. If different things happen, don’t worry, everything has a solution.
Now yes, turn on your computer and start testing. In case your PC freezes while following this tutorial, don’t worry, there is always the option to view your browsing history and go back to the article again.
Why does my Windows 10 PC freeze?
We already said that there are many reasons that can cause your PC to fail. But, in general, these are triggered due to lack of maintenance; due to the use of very heavy programs that we can uninstall ; lack of RAM; or, the worst evil for a PC, the presence of a virus.
What to do when my Windows 10 PC freezes? Solution
- The most important thing is that you stay calm. From time to time, when running a program, your computer does not have the ability to respond automatically. The thing is, after a few seconds, it will still work without problems. During that time, do not try to continue opening the program (or other different ones), because you will cause it to crash more
- If a program is not responding, you can type the command Ctrl + Shift + Esc. With this, you will run the task manager, from which you will have the possibility to force close the program that slows down your PC. Thus, you will be able to resume your activities without further delay.
- Learn how to create a file with a .BAT extension, which has the ability to clean your RAM memory when running.
- In case none of the above options have worked, you can resort to shutting down or restarting your computer. To do this you will use the on / off button, or the restart button, both present on the tower. This is recommended only in extreme cases, where nothing else is working, because it could cause damage to the operating system.
- If the shutdown button and the reset button are also disabled, it resorts to disconnecting the PC.
Tips to prevent Windows 10 from freezing
- Update your antivirus software, and scan for threats. Repeat the scan on a weekly basis.
- Give your computer preventive and corrective maintenance every six months.
- Expand the RAM memory of your computer. Be sure to consult a technician to find out what type of RAM is compatible with your PC model.
- Format your PC from time to time (once a year is recommended). Always remembering to back up all the programs and files that you don’t want to lose.
If you follow all our recommendations, you should no longer have freezing problems on your PC, unless it is a serious problem.