Microsoft Windows remains one of the most powerful operating systems for computers on the market, far above the rest. This is how it is estimated that at least 90% of personal computers use Windows. This is how since its arrival in 1985 it managed to become one of the most important OS and to this day it continues to demonstrate it .
Although the W10 version already exists , there are many users who continue to use Windows 7 and many others who are looking for a way to install and update it , since this is still one of the most used versions currently. The installation of it is very simple to carry out, but it is necessary that the PC requires certain specifications so that the installation can be carried out .
This is how here we are going to show you what are the minimum requirements that the PC must have when wanting to install W7, this will allow your computer to function correctly without presenting any type of failure, for this follow in detail everything that we will teach you in this post.
What are the minimum requirements to install Windows 7 on my computer?
After the arrival of W10, the Windows 7 operating system lost the first place, however, it is still used by a large number of users, where many of them still do not dare to make the leap to the latest version of this operating system. . Despite this, Microsoft has allowed developers to continue creating programs and applications for W7, which has allowed it to remain current.
But, in order to install this version of Microsoft, it is necessary for the user to have a series of requirements on their computer, which we will show you below:
The first thing you should know is that the requirements that you are going to need will depend mainly on which version you want to install, be it the 32-bit or 64-bit version, taking into account that the 64-bit version is much more advanced, which will allow you to run programs and applications at better resolutions.
Therefore, here we show you the minimum requirements that you must take into account when installing this version on the PC:
- CPU: It must be 1 GHz, to know if your version of Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit you can do it from this path: “Go to Start”> “Settings”> “Equipment”> “Finally, select properties ”. There the “System” window will open where you can verify which version your computer has.
- RAM memory: The computer must have a minimum RAM of 1 GB for the 32-bit version, while for the 64-bit version the RAM must be at least 2 GB . To know the RAM memory of the machine you must follow this path: “Start”> “Control panel”> “System and security”> “System” near the middle of the window you will find a line where it indicates the installed memory or RAM memory, there you will be able to know if you have the memory required for the installation.
- Free space on the hard disk: In the case that your computer is 32-bit it must have a free space of 16 GB, while if it is 64-bit it must be 20 GB, to know the available space go to “Start”> ” My PC ” and there right click on the hard disk, in the menu that appears select “ Details ” and there you will find what space you have available on the hard disk. This procedure is from Windows XP.
- The video card: The card must support DirectX 9 and have WDD; 1.0 . To find out which video card your machine has, you should look for the Windows key on your keyboard, it has the company logo and is usually next to the space bar . Once found, you must press it for a few seconds and simultaneously press the “R” key.
- There the run window will open where you must type the following command followed by the “Enter” key, msinfo32.
- When you have entered the “System Information” window, click on the “Components” option and then select “Screen”.
- On the right side of your screen you will find all the components of the graphics card .
Another way to verify all this is by performing the most recommended method, in this case it consists of installing a specific program that will check for you whether or not you meet the necessary requirements for installation. Therefore, here we show you the steps to follow to perform this method:
- To begin, it will be necessary that you connect and check if all the devices connected to your machine turn on, be it the printer, webcam, scanner, among others.
- The next thing will be to download the W7 update advisor, once downloaded and installed you must run it.
- The W7 update advisor is a free program that will check for you if your computer meets the necessary requirements for the installation of this version . Once finished, simply follow each of the instructions that are indicated on the screen.
In the event that your PC presents some type of failure in any of the software revisions, you must perform some of these two options:
- Depending on where the problem occurred, you should update your equipment. If it is about RAM, you can solve it by buying an external hard drive or changing your video card for another with a higher capacity in case the problem is there.
- In the event that everything indicates an error and the installation of this version is complicated, the best solution will be to buy a new computer, since it will come with the most updated version of Windows, in this case it would be W10 .
And finally, we find what the additional requirements are , these as their name says are not mandatory but they will surely help you improve the options so that the OS can work correctly, since this will provide you with better performance .
Therefore, here we show you what are the additional requirements that you can take into account:
- The resolution of the screen, this should have a recommended minimum of 1024 x 768 pixels, although preferably this should be 1366 x 768.
- It is important to bear in mind that many games and programs require screen resolutions higher than those mentioned above, for this type of case it is best to have a graphics card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher.
- In the case of the “Home Group” tool , it allows networks to be created in W7 in order to use them with all the computers that are part of a network and are of the same version, this is very similar to creating a home network .
- For the Windows Media Center program, it is best to have a TV tuner .
- You can work it in XP mode, as this will only require an additional 1GB of RAM and an additional 15GB of free hard disk space .
- If you are one of the users that uses BitLocker, you will require a secure platform module, it will allow you to encrypt your computer and thus have a more secure system without the risk of being hacked .
Microsoft removes support for Windows 7 Is it worth continuing to install it or better to upgrade to W10?
One of the reasons why Windows 7 has not yet been removed is because this version was considered one of the best and most stable by the company, which is why many users still prefer it instead of making use of some of the most recent versions such as W8 and W10 respectively.
In previous years the Microsoft company has reported putting an end to this version, for this the company offered some patches with which users could continue using it for a while longer, all this meant that after its end, hackers could continue to use it. her.
But currently it has been estimated that this version will last active until the beginning of 2020. Despite this, Microsoft has made it clear that it will not force any developer to stop creating programs for this version , although it is expected that over time users will resort to to newer applications causing developers to stop working on Windows 7 as well .
Taking all this into account, the best option is to make the definitive jump to the latest version of Microsoft W10 , since this will allow the user to enjoy updated tools and programs and in turn be able to count on the new improvements that this version offers in comparison to the previous ones.