Many users have had a problem with touch devices. The point is that the right click with two fingers does not work as it should. In some cases it could be a hardware problem, but in most cases it is a bad registry entry. Synaptics touchpad is responsible for this problem.
If you have this problem, try updating the touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website. If this doesn’t help, then you will have to follow this little guide to solve it.
Right click with two fingers of the Touchpad does not work
To solve the problem with the right click of the touchpad using two fingers, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows + R keys , type regedit in the Run dialog box and press the Enter key to open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following registry path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Synaptics \ SynTP \ TouchPadPS2
3. In the right pane of this location, as shown in the window above, make sure the configuration data contains the following values. If any DWORD string (REG_DWORD) or (REG_SZ ) does not contain the value mentioned below, you can double click on it to modify its values.
- 2FingerTapAction – 2 to do the work of the right button, 4 for the middle button
- 2FingerTapPluginID – clean existing value, it should be empty
- 3FingerTapPluginID – clean existing value, it should be empty
- MultiFingerTapFlags – Change value 2-3
- 3FingerTapAction – 4
- 3FingerTapPluginActionID – 0
After making sure that each value is correct, you can close Registry Editor and restart your computer to make the changes take effect. With these changes in registry settings, the right mouse button issue in Windows 8.1