Also, by converting .VOB video files you can upload these videos to any digital platform and share them quickly without any inconvenience. Here you will learn how to do it, so that you can recover all those videos in .VOB format that you have not been able to view and that you thought were lost.
How to view .VOB video files in Windows 10
The .VOB video files are a type of files that are contained within compact discs which are played by a reader unit. These videos are encoded to make it more difficult to share the content and thus avoid its distribution without the permission of the author.
In Windows 10 and in most operating systems, these types of files cannot be played directly in the media player. Because of this, you must have a video player program that can play it and one of the most useful is the VLC Media Player.
This player is compatible with Windows 10 and will not only allow you to play and join .VOB video files , but also, all kinds of formats. Next, you will know all the instructions you will follow to use the VLC Media Player to view .VOB video files
- The first thing you should do is download the VLC Media Player.
- Once downloaded, install it on your computer so you can start using it.
- After having installed the VLC Media Player program, open it and click on the “Media” tab located in the upper left corner.
- Next, a menu will open and you select “Open folder “, in the next window that will open, you will look for the “Video_TS” folder, which is where the .VOB file is located.
- Finally, in the Video_TS folder you will see several .VOB files, you will choose the largest one and select the open button.
In this simple way, you will be able to play all the .VOB video files you have on your Windows 10 PC.
How to convert .VOB video files on windows 10
Now, if you want to convert the .VOB video files into another format in Windows 10, you will have to use another dedicated program for this task. If you convert the .VOB video files into another format for example MP4, you will be able to play it in any multimedia player.
There are all kinds of applications to change the format of .VOB video files, but one of the most used is aTube Catcher. These are the steps you should follow if you want to convert .VOB video files in Windows 10 easily and quickly.
- Initially you must download the aTube Catcher application, to download it from the official website, click on the link.
- Once downloaded to your computer, look for it in the downloads folder and install it following the application’s instructions.
- Open the aTube Catcher program and select the tab called “Video converter “.
- In the next window, choose the button that says “Add” located in the upper right corner.
- Then, another window will open where you will select the Video_TS folder, within it you will find the largest .VOB file and click on the “Open” button.
- Now, you will click the “Output profile ” button so that you can choose in which format you want to convert the .VOB video file. Also, you must choose in which folder you want the new video file to be saved.
- To finish, you only have to select the “Convert” button located in the lower right corner, so that the video conversion begins.
Following these steps, in a few minutes you will have converted the .VOB video files to another format in Windows 10. You may also be interested in how to backup the operating system in Windows 10 for free. If you managed how to view and convert .VOB video files in Windows 10 with this tutorial, be sure to follow us.