When we have a computer, we have by default a way in which to turn it off, however, the classic way in which this task is done is by going to the “Start ” button and then pressing the button with the icon to turn off and on. this way the system will give you the options that correspond to the suspension or shutdown of the system.
However, there are other options that you can choose in case you need them:
- By pressing the combination of letters Alt + F4, you can also shut down the system, since it not only serves to close all the windows that you have open at that moment
- Likewise, if you press the Windows + L keys, you may close or block the session that is active at that moment, instead of simply turning off the computer.
- You can also use the Windows key + R and use the commands that you will see below to turn off the computer, however, in this post, we will show you some new tricks with which you can leave these icons the place you want and in this way you can give yourself double-click or, failing that, do whatever you want to shut down, restart or suspend our Windows 10 computer
Creating a shortcut to shut down, suspend, restart, or hibernate within Windows 10
One of the first steps that we must take when carrying out this step is to create a shortcut , which is quite an easy step, since all we have to do is press with the right click, on any space that is find empty inside the desktop and in this way we can see a contextual menu displayed, and we must follow the following steps:
- Start clicking on the option that says “New”
- After that, enter the “Direct Access” tab in which we must write the following commands, which will also depend on the function that each direct access will perform.
- Shutdown : shutdown -s -t 0
- Restart : shutdown -r -t 0
- Close session : shutdown -l -t 0
- Suspend / hibernate : rundll32.exe powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState 0,1,0
Likewise, it is important to take into account the fact that if the computer does not have the disabled hibernation option activated , it will not take effect, but on the contrary, it will only be suspended, obviously if you have activated the hibernate function, the system will do exactly that action. You also have the option to set a timer to shut down Windows 10 .
Once we have entered these commands, we will see how the system will ask us to name said direct access, for which it is recommended that they have as names those to which their function corresponds ; We press finish and when we double click on the icon the computer will restart as if we were doing it from the “Start ” menu .
Other options you can take into account
It is important that you know that all the shortcuts will be created as icons by default, which however, do not usually look good directly, so we must change the name of these icons and in this way customize them to your liking, to to be able to do it, you just have to follow the following steps:
- It begins by right-clicking on the icons that we have created and thereby entering the contextual menu and proceeding to click on the “Properties ” option.
- Next, what we must do is press on the option “Change icon ” and with this, we will be able to see a small window, which has a wide variety of icons, here it will only remain for you to choose those that you like the most in order to identify the shortcuts you have created.