This type of tricks will help you to invest less time in the activities we do on the computer. Without a doubt, it will be very easy and fast to do it, so keep reading this post and you will realize how simple it is.
How to turn off Windows 10 by sliding the mouse
In itself, the Windows 10 operating system has many facilities compared to other systems. Its fame is not due to chance, it has many functions that you surely do not know, but here we will help you to have one of them. Follow these steps so that you can shut down your Windows 10 computer by sliding the mouse:
- To get started, go to the taskbar and right-click on it.
- You will see a list of options. In the second option, called “Search “, you must click.
- Another small list will appear. There you will click on “Show search box “.
- After clicking there, you will see a search box appear in the taskbar, located on the left side.
- There, you will enter the following phrase: slidetoshutdown. This is a command or an instruction that the system has to be able to use this option to turn off the computer by sliding the mouse.
- When you enter the phrase that we indicate, a result should appear at the top of the search box.
- There you must click, and an image on the screen will appear on your monitor, indicating that you must slide to turn off.
Since you don’t have to download anything from the internet, or install any kind of dubious programs on your computer to obtain this action. Windows 10 has this command, and you can use it whenever you want.
Create a desktop shortcut and pin it to startup
As this is a trick that should make things easier for you, you should have more accessible this option to turn off your Windows 10 by sliding the mouse. We do not want you to search over and over for the same thing in the search bar, so we will give you a few more tips so that you have this function with buttons at your start. Do it as follows:
- Follow all the steps above, but without clicking directly on the search result: slidetoshutdown.
- Once you have the result there, right click on it.
- When the list of options appears, click on “Open file location.” This will open a window where this file is located on the system.
Before continuing, it is important that you do not touch anything that is in that window. Everything that appears, apart from this file, are functions of the system, so be careful not to change anything. We’re just going to touch this function, once you’re there, do the following:
- Right click on the file you searched for: slidetoshutdown.
- In the list that appears there, look for the option “Pin to Start”, and select it.
- Right-click on the same file again, which is in the open window, and you will see the list of options again.
- This time, you will click on the option “Pin to taskbar “.
- Repeat the same action: right click on the file and then go to the list of options.
- Now, you must select the option called “Send to”.
- From the options that appear, select “ Desktop (Create Shortcut) ”.
- Go to the beginning and confirm if you have three different ways to activate the function to turn off the computer by sliding the mouse on the screen.
Now you have access to it in a simple way. You can even change the icon of the shortcut that is on the desktop so that it is much more useful for you. With these details covered, you can have this feature available whenever you want. With these Windows 10 tricks, you can turn off your computer by sliding the mouse with just one click.