In this article we are going to explain step by step how to reset or restore Windows 10 from the lock screen, which is ideal for solving any kind of problem you have when starting the operating system.
Windows offers us a great variety of tools to be able to maintain the equipment in optimal conditions. One of those is the possibility of restoring or resetting the OS when we think it is necessary or when we have no alternative.
The problem happens when we do not have access to the operating system and we are left on the lock screen. Something that prevents us from accessing the OS options to be able to regain access to it.
How can we solve it? Don’t worry because there is a way to restore your computer . Even to format it from the lock screen without having to do more than a few clicks.
A little further down we are going to see this simple tutorial so that you can regain access to your computer and start using it as usual. Pay close attention and follow the guide to the letter and in no time you will be enjoying your PC again.
How to restore Windows 10 from the lock screen
- When we are on the lock screen we are going to have to click on the button with the “ Shut down ” icon, which will bring up a small drop-down menu.
- Before continuing, hold down the “Shift ” key and then click on “Restart.” Keep holding the “Shift ” key until, after restarting, the entire screen turns blue and you can see a few options.
- Here we will have among the options “Continue ” which would be to continue the start of the team normally.
- Then we have “Troubleshoot ” and finally “Turn off the computer.” We are going to click on the second option “Troubleshoot “.
- On the second screen, what we must do is go to the option “Reset this computer “.
- This option in a nutshell is like a formatting. Although we have two options: the first is to keep all the files, ideal if we do not have a backup of them.
- While the second is “Remove all ” this removes all our personal data, files, photos, videos, programs, etc. It leaves the Windows 10 computer freshly installed and ready to use, which means that the problem we had is completely gone.
Reset Windows 10 from the lock screen
This is used to solve any kind of problem you have with the equipment. On many occasions if we have malware (virus) or any other kind of software failure. With a complete format (delete everything we have and start from scratch) it is solved without a doubt.
Likewise, it is important that you format the computer every few months depending on how you use it. We also recommend that you always make backup copies of your most important files.
As for backup copies, it is best to download Google Drive to your computer and create a folder on the desktop to save all the files that you think are important from Windows. In this way you can continue saving everything as if it were a Windows folder with all the comforts that that means, but in the cloud.
Cloud storage is the safest we currently have to keep a copy of all our important files. You can access it from anywhere and you do not risk losing data as you would if you decide to save it to a USB drive, etc.
As you can see, it is too simple a process that should not take more than a few minutes. At the end you can use your equipment as usual.