Programs to install Windows 10 in a virtual machine
To install Windows 10 in a virtual machine, the first thing you should have on your PC is a program dedicated to computer virtualization. Currently, there is a great variety of them, but here you will find only the best 2, so that you can choose which one you want to install Windows 10 in a virtual machine with.
Also, you must have an ISO image of Windows 10 downloaded to your PC , which you will use for your virtual machine. If you have a computer with few resources, you should download a Windows 10 32-bit ISO, since this version is lighter.
Taking into account these requirements, it is time for you to know the best 2 programs to make a virtual machine with Windows 10.
- Virtual Box. This application is compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac, it is also free, so you will not have to pay to use it. Also, it has a very easy-to-use interface and is intuitive, which guarantees that you don’t have to be an engineer to use it.
- VM Ware. This program has 2 adaptations compatible with all operating systems so that you can make your virtual machine with Windows 10 quickly. The first version is basic, which is free and the second version is paid a little more specialized and with more functions.
Using any of these 2 programs you will make your virtual machine in no time, but if you had to choose one, the most recommended is to download Virtual Box for free for Windows . This is because this program is totally free and has all the necessary features for Windows 10 virtualization.
You may also be interested in how to create a bootable USB with Windows 10, so that you can learn how to put this operating system on your USB.
Install Windows 10 in a virtual machine
If you already have the Windows 10 ISO image and the Virtual Box program on your computer, it’s time to create your virtual machine. These are all the steps you must follow so that you can have a virtual machine with Windows 10 using the Virtual Box program.
- You open the Virtual Box application from the Windows desktop.
- Next, you select “New” in the task bar of this program.
- Immediately, a window will open where you must enter the name, type and version of the system you want to install and choose “Next”.
- Then, select the amount of RAM that your virtual machine will use to function correctly, the minimum would be 1 GB and you must select “Next”.
- Later, select the option that says “Create a virtual hard disk now” and click on the bottom button that says “Create.”
- In the next window that says “Hard disk drive file type”, leave the “DVI”option selected and choose “Next”.
- Afterwards, you must check “Dynamically reserved” in the window called “Storage on physical disk drive” and click “Next” again.
- In the “File location and size” window select the “Create” button.
- Now, you will see in the left panel of Virtual Box a new tab that says “Windows 10 turned off” and you click on “Start” located on the top bar.
- Finally, you must select the Windows 10 ISO image that you have downloaded to your PC and follow the instructions of the Microsoft installation wizard.
At the end of the Microsoft installation wizard you will have your virtual machine with Windows 10 installed, so you can start using it as you want. Leave us a comment regarding how you installed Windows 10 in a virtual machine with our complete guide.