Generally when we use the computer only ourselves, doing this is not really necessary. However, if you share it with one or more people, hiding personal information such as our email is essential to maintain a good level of privacy.
Whatever the reason, we are going to see a fairly detailed tutorial on the process that we must carry out. You have to bear in mind that although it is quite simple, it carries a small risk that you should take into consideration.
However, if you follow the instructions below to the letter, it is very unlikely that you will be able to corrupt the operating system in any way. So pay attention, we recommend that you read everything before starting and then you can hide all personal information on the Windows 10 screen so that no one has access to it.
How to hide my personal information on Windows 10 start screen
While the process to hide or hide personal information on the Windows 10 screen is too simple a process to perform. You must bear in mind that we are going to manipulate the Windows registry.
This means that if you do something wrong or touch something that you should not touch, you can corrupt the operating system and this could cause you to have to reinstall it. So the best thing to do would be to make a backup copy of all the files on your computer.
- To enter the Windows registry or registry editor we will have to press the physical keys of our keyboard “Windows + R ” in this way a small window opens.
- Now you are going to have to type “regedit ” and hit enter. Which will open a new window.
- This would be the Windows Registry Editor. This is where we must be very careful.
- Now we are going to have to navigate from the left sidebar along this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Policies / System.
- You will have to press on the arrow icons that are next to each section until you reach “System “.
How to Delete Personal Information on Windows 10 Start Screen
- Once we are in the “ System ” folder, what we will have to do is go to the “ DontDisplayLastUserName ” file and double-click on it to open a window with its values.
- By default the value it has is zero. What we have to do is change this value to 1.
- After accepting, we can see that a new file appears in this section called: DontDisplayLockedUserID which we must also modify, so we double-click on it.
- In “Value information ” here we are going to have to put 3 and then “Accept “.
After all this, all you have to do is restart your computer. When you do, you will see on the home screen that no personal information appears anymore.
If you want to log in, you will have to write the local username or Microsoft account with its respective password, this way you can log in without problems.
In case you want to go back for any reason. The only thing you will have to do is take the two files that we modified previously and change the “Value data ” to zero again and that’s it.
If you have any questions or recommendations to expand this tutorial, you can leave it in the comments below.