In this section we will talk about how to fix the error code 0x80072ee7 when you want to update Windows Ubdate on your computer. It is important that you fix this error because updates are always needed to improve system performance. But first we will give you a small review that explains what the error 0x80072ee7 is, and why it appears in Windows.
What is error 0x80072ee7 and why does it appear in Windows 10?
This error code is very common in Windows 10 and the Store that causes stumbling to download or install applications on the system. Mostly this failure appears on certain occasions, such as the ones that we will outline below, of course they are the most common, since there are other possible reasons.
- Incomplete updates.
- Modifications to the computer’s network server.
- Discrepancy or incompatibility between tools in the operating system.
Solutions to fix error 0x80072ee7 in Windows 10?
Here are some resources that you can easily run with the help of the Windows system and its functions.
- Resource 1- Change the DNS server address.
According to the opinion of Microsoft developers, changing the DNS server address is the most useful alternative to solve the error.
- Enter the Windows search engine, type “Control Panel” and open that option.
- Go to “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Then you will select “Change adapter settings” found on the left side.
- Select the network you are using, right click and choose the “Properties” option.
- Go to the list in the box that appears and look for Internet protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and select properties.
- Then choose the “Use the following DNS server addresses” mode.
- Now type enter the following numbers: DNS Server- 18.104.22.168.8 and Alternate DNS Server- 22.214.171.124 and save the changes made and restart the computer .
- Resource 2- Run an SFC scan.
The Windows operating system incorporates a very useful tool to check errors, called SFC, which aims to thoroughly examine the computer. This is the option that you will put into practice by following the steps below, try to do it exactly.
- Simultaneously press the Windows + X keys and select the Windows PowerShell option.
- When opening a large window for it, you will add the following command sfc / scannow, the scanning process will take a few minutes.
- Once the system scan is complete, close the window.
- Now check that the error has been corrected.
- Resource 3- Modify the hosts file .
Windows users have verified that the 0x80072ee7 error is, due to an alteration of the hosts file, even 0.0.0.0.0 IP addresses have been reported. This code in the hosts files causes problems causing the error 0x80072ee7, also prevents editing and access to the host documents.
To solve this problem, you just have to remove them and add the pound symbol (#) at the beginning of the line to the addresses that appear. Once you fix the file check that the problem is fixed.
Note: This step is recommended to be executed with the help of a programmer, since a small error could affect the system.
One more alternative to fix error 0x80072ee7 when updating Windows 10
This last alternative is optional, in case the first ones do not achieve the expected objective, we explain what to do.
- Check your antivirus software.
If you have an antivirus on your computer, check if it is probably causing the update error in Windows 10. Many times the antivirus interfere with the system and its functions, that is, it prevents the execution of certain tools.
The recommendation is to disable some antivirus functions, and if the problem is not solved, remove the software from the computer. Since many antiviruses do not correctly fulfill the tasks that are expected and produce lethargy in the computer’s operating system.
If you use Windows 10 it will be enough to have Windows Defender to protect your computer from viruses, malware or other harmful files.
To conclude, we encourage you to carry out these procedures that are checked and carried out by system developers. Putting the given steps into practice will bring you definitive and complete solutions to your Windows 10 operating system computer.