Today, where we rely heavily on access to technology to ensure good jobs and communication, it is important that we can keep our equipment in good shape.
Whether we have a computer or a mobile, there are ways to keep your operating system optimized and free from any type of problem that may arise during the use of the equipment.
In fact, many of these teams already come with the necessary tools to be able to maintain the optimization of use and thus be able to prolong the useful life of a team. This, being something important considering the cost of some of these. For example, it is important that you can protect your pc from annoying viruses .
When it comes to computers, there are tons of ways to do this. Optimized storage drive space can be maintained through disk defragmentation . You can also keep your computer with proper ventilation, and much more.
Each of these processes having a different approach in order to keep our computer in shape. But, there is a process that is often overlooked when it is turned on, and it is extremely important. This is hibernation.
Hibernation is a state in which the computer saves the session that is open, and enters a state of saving electricity and performance. Although many point out that it can be counterproductive for the ROM of computers with built- in SSD, it really is a tool that should not be neglected.
This is because many times it is to have the computer in hibernation state than to have it on for long periods of time. That is why below we will show you how you can activate or deactivate this function on your Windows 10 computer.
Activating hibernate mode in Windows 10
Being able to activate or deactivate hibernate mode is extremely simple. Actually, the whole process is done through a command window or command prompt, and you can use it in other Windows operating systems since the process does not change much.
All you have to do to be able to activate hibernate mode on your computer is through the following:
- Start by clicking the Windows button on your desktop.
- Once opened, you must click on the search bar and enter “cmd ” so that you can find the Command Prompt program in the list.
- When you have the program on the screen, you just have to right click on it and run it as administrator. Following this, just accept the window that will appear on the screen asking for the permissions for this, click on “Continue “.
- When the black screen of Command Prompt opens, you must type the following command “powercfg.exe / hibernate off ” and then you must press Enter.
- Then type “exit ” followed by the Enter key and the command prompt window will close, engaging hibernate mode.
- Once you have hibernate mode activated, you can control the time the system enters this mode through the Control Panel.
Disabling hibernate mode in Windows 10
To be able to deactivate hibernation mode in Windows 10, you must follow a step by step quite similar to the previous one, but instead of putting the activate command you put it so that it is deactivated. See below the step by step:
- Once again, you should open a Command Prompt window . This can be done by clicking the Windows button on the desktop and typing “cmd ” in the search bar to find the program.
- Once you have the program on the screen to open, you must run it as administrator by right-clicking on the program and then on the option Run as administrator.
- Now when you open the Command Prompt window, type the following command “powercfg.exe / hibernateon” followed by the Enter key.
- Finally type “exit ” and press Enter once more to close the window and your hibernation will be disabled.