Many people prefer to lose their wallet with their money and documents, but not lose their laptop. Sure! With how expensive they are and all the personal, sensitive and sensitive information it contains about you, it can become a serious problem. And you, you want to track and find your lost or stolen Windows 10 Laptop easily.
If your lost or stolen laptop is using Windows 10 as an operating system, it is very likely that we can help you track it or better yet, recover it. Just continue reading our post until the end, you will be surprised how much technology has advanced in security and tracking of electronic equipment, such as IP addresses for example . Although here we will teach you how to do it with Windows 10 properly.
How to Track and Find My Lost or Stolen Windows 10 Laptop
The habit of downloading and installing the updates that Microsoft offers you through its operating system regularly is very useful, in addition to providing security to your data, such as with OneDrive . Because some of those new updates will allow you to find your lost laptop using the tracking feature with Windows 10.
Allow Microsoft to record your device’s regular location intervals and make sure you are the administrator. This feature is very easy to use, and what it does is that it sends its exact location from time to time to your Microsoft account. For this to work, you will need to sign in with your Microsoft account.
If you do not have an account, you will be given the option to configure it, as you will need it to do the tracking. To get access to this feature, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Then to “Update and security”.
- In the menu on the left, find and select “Find my device.” If Windows 10 doesn’t save the location of your device on a regular basis. To change this, you will need to click the “Change” button, found in the “Find my device” section.
- After clicking the Change button , turn on “Save my device location periodically.” Once you have completed this, the feature will be activated.
- When you need to locate your laptop, the first place to look is the Microsoft website. By entering the same login account that you are using on the device you are looking for.
- Find your Windows 10 device in the list of devices that you have registered with your account and select “Find my device” located right next to the device you are looking for.
- After a moment, you will receive the information about the last location of your device, and it will also show it on a map. Assuming the GPS is still on and with internet access. And that the person who found it wants to return it to you.
If the thief doesn’t return your laptop, will he have access to your information?
Log into your Microsoft account (obviously, from another device to the stolen one), select Start> Settings> Account>. Check the information to make sure you are the administrator.
Lock your Windows device remotely, when you find it on the map, Select Lock> Next. Once your device is locked, you can reset your password for added security. When tracking your laptop for security, we recommend locking it to protect your data. In the same process, you can send a note with your contact number to the person who has it, to arrange delivery.
It is a kind of screen saver, that when trying to start the laptop the person will not be able to access because you locked it remotely, but it will show the note. Another option would be to activate the function of controlling your PC remotely through your Android .
So, remember that before panicking or calling the police when you lose your laptop, visit us and check this post, it is likely that you will find it near you. If you liked this article please share it with your friends and family. And see you in the next installment.