Does iTunes automatically open on your computer? Not comfortable for you? Then nothing better than learning how to disable or prevent iTunes from opening automatically in Windows with this simple tutorial you can do it in Windows 10, 8 and 7.
Getting iTunes to not open only in Windows is not a difficult task. We cannot deny that, if we have an iPhone, having iTunes is extremely convenient not only to configure continuous music playback in iTunes or to keep everything related to multimedia organized , rating songs with stars using Half Stars.
But also if you prefer you can change the information of the names of songs and albums .
If not also to restore the phone, make backup copies, etc. In short it is quite a useful program. However, if you are not to use it too much, the fact that it opens only on your computer is probably not something that is very comfortable for you to say.
That is why we are going to see a little below how to prevent iTunes from opening only in Windows with a very simple method that can help you prevent any program from opening automatically when you start Windows. Something that will undoubtedly end up impacting the boot speed of the operating system in a positive way.
How to prevent iTunes from opening automatically
It is not difficult at all to disable iTunes so that it does not open automatically in Windows. We are going to see the process that we must follow to avoid it below:
- First we will have to go to the “Task Manager ” for this we can right click on the bottom bar of Windows and then click on “Task Manager “. Another option is to press Ctrl + Alt + Sup and choose “Task Manager “.
- Once we are here we will have to go to the tabs at the top and look for the one that says “Start”.
- Among all the apps that we can see, the one we are looking for is the one that says “iTunesHelper” we are going to right click on it.
- Now what we will do is click on the “Deactivate” or “Disable” option .
- Don’t worry that you will be able to continue using iTunes as usual. The only thing we have done is prevent it from opening automatically. Every time we open it, it will do so normally.
- The above tutorial is suitable for Windows 10 and Windows 8. However, if you are using W7 then the procedure changes a bit. Although it is not that complicated.
- What you will have to do is press the Windows + R keys and a small window will open where you will have to type “msconfig” and then press enter.
- What this will do is open the system settings window. Here you will have to look for the “home” tab and then in that tab look for “iTunesHelper” to deactivate it.
How to make iTunes not open only in Windows
Something to clarify is that disabling iTunesHelper does not actually affect anything other than the automatic start of it. The auto sync function or the like does not stop.
So you don’t have to worry about it. It simply affects the automatic start of it. Likewise, at any time you can repeat the steps and you will see that instead of showing the option to “Deactivate” you will see an option that says “Activate” instead.
As you can see, disabling or preventing iTunes from opening automatically in Windows is a very simple process that you can quickly achieve. But in case you still have any kind of doubt, you can leave it in the comment box that you can find a little below and we will try to help you as much as possible.