One of the changes brought about by the new Microsoft operating system update was the start menu. Now it has many more sections and functionalities that for some users become too many. If you want to know how to delete or remove the list of apps in the Windows 10 start menu, this tutorial is for you.
The start menu has been present in all existing versions of Microsoft’s Windows operating system. In the Windows 8 update, the creators had dispensed with it, but after the complaints of the vast majority of users, they decided to incorporate it again in the last update so far, Windows 10.
However, the start menu has more functionalities than ever, becoming excessive and even unnecessary for many of its users, which it even stuns. If you are one of them, don’t worry. One of the benefits of Windows 10 is that it is customizable in many ways, and the start menu is no exception.
In fact, you can add or pin Steam games to the Windows 10 start menu or just put the classic start menu in Windows 10.
Delete or remove the list of apps in the Windows 10 start menu
As mentioned above, the Windows 10 start menu has much more functionality than previous versions. In it you will find the Cortana search engine, the latest programs you opened, the applications you use the most on your computer, among others.
If you are more into the minimalist style and a simple interface, seeing so many things in the start menu can be overwhelming. Here is the solution to make you feel more comfortable using your PC.
What should you do?
It is possible to delete or remove the list of apps in the Windows 10 start menu. You just have to carry out the following instructions.
- The first thing you should do is click on the settings in the start menu. This section is represented with a gear.
- This action will send you to the operating system configuration window. When you are there, click on the “Personalization ” section.
- This will take you to the screen where you can adjust and customize Windows 10. On that screen, locate the section dedicated to Start in the left sidebar.
- You will be shown a series of options that you can activate or deactivate.
- To delete or remove the list of apps in the Windows 10 start menu, you must deactivate this option by selecting the switch that says “Show applications list in the start menu.”
- Once this is done you will no longer see the number of applications that were by default in the start menu.
Likewise, to obtain an even more minimalist interface, you can deactivate other elements, such as the most used applications section, as well as the recently added applications section.
This is a procedure that updates automatically, so it is not necessary to restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Applications do not disappear
In order to find the applications after deleting or removing the list of apps in the Windows 10 start menu, it is not necessary to carry out an extensive search through the operating system folders.
All you have to do is type the name of the application you want to use in Cortana’s search bar. This will display a menu where you can locate the application and to run it you just have to click on it.
The best thing about this latest update to Microsoft’s operating system is that it is completely customizable, so you can enjoy all its benefits in a minimalist interface adapted to your tastes and needs. Is the best!