Undoubtedly one of the best ways to install the Windows operating system is by using a pendrive, this is what we call creating a Bootable USB. It is for this reason that we have prepared this tutorial on How to boot my Windows 10 computer from a Bootable USB pendrive ? – Fast and easy.
Windows 10 is Microsoft’s current operating system and is one of the most popular alongside the OS for mobile devices, such as Android. It is undoubtedly the recommendation for anyone who wants to build a new computer, since it is one of the most supported systems on the market.
Keep in mind that it is recommended that you know how to format a PC and install Windows 10 , very useful complementary information for the following guide, in which we will teach you how to start your computer from a Bootable USB stick.
How to boot my Windows 10 computer from a Bootable USB Pendrive? – Fast and easy
If you want to boot a Windows 10 ISO from a Pendrive, it is best to use the Rufus tool.
Rufus is a program designed precisely to boot from USB, something especially useful to install Operating Systems from a pendrive. The advantages of the software lie in its ease of use and compatibility with multiple programs and operating systems.
It is undoubtedly the most recommended tool if you want to start an ISO from USB, which is why it is the preferred choice to perform formatting and installations from a pendrive, in the same way, some operating systems can even work on a USB thanks to this popular show.
In any case, before starting you should know how to access the UEFI Bios settings in Windows 10, since many times it is necessary to choose our boot drive, in this case the pendrive.
Use Rufus to create bootable installation drive
- The first thing you should do is download the program, for this go to its official Rufus website.
- Once you are there, look for the Download section and download the latest version of the program.
- When you have downloaded the program, run it. Before, remember to connect the pendrive that you will use for the Windows installation process.
- Your USB memory should appear at the top of the software screen, if not, select it.
- You will not have to change much else, go to the ISO Image section, this option should look like this, click on the small icon on its right side and look for the ISO that you have previously downloaded from Windows 10.
- To put the Windows 10 OS on the USB memory, click on the Start option. Most likely, the system will show a warning screen that the data will be deleted, click on OK and wait for the process to finish.
- The application screen will show when the process has finished, after this you can use the Pendrive to install Windows 10 with it.
Although rufus is the most recommended tool, there are also other optional ones, for example you can make a bootable USB pendrive with Windows 10 in WinRar , although it is only recommended in situations that warrant it.
Boot the Pendrive from the computer
Every computer is different, but in any case most should display similar behaviors. To use the previously prepared Pendrive, you just have to connect it to the computer before starting it, when you turn it on, the option to boot from the USB memory should appear on the screen .
In the event that the option does not appear, you will most likely need to configure the boot from the BIOS of the computer. To learn how to perform this procedure, you can search in relation to your motherboard, as each computer has differences.
Can I install Windows 10 on a Pendrive?
If instead of creating the bootable installation system you wonder if you can install the system on a Pendrive, we tell you that there is no correct answer to this question, this for several reasons that you should consider.
Pendrives are usually much slower than Hard Drives and SSDs, so the installation process and subsequent use could be affected. In fact, for stability reasons it is not recommended, but in theory, certain USB memories should allow the installation of the OS on a Pendrive.