Having a busy lifestyle is a real torment if you do not try to have an orderly schedule, and the main key to being able to lead an orderly lifestyle is to have a calendar, which helps you stay in order and up to date with all your obligations.
One of the most famous applications for this job is iCal or Apple’s Calendar, which provides you with a wonderful number of tools with which you can have all your daily events and tasks in one place, so as not to lose sight of it. to the point of being able to configure alarms for them .
However, it is important that first of all, you keep a backup, with which you can back up all your information and thus restore it when necessary.
But if you’re old user of this platform, you know that ‘ Time Machine ‘ of Apple, will help you create a backup schedules, but however, can restore is only possible from a backup , which is not a simple procedure, since although you can synchronize your calendar with Dropbox , this will not help you much.
However, there are much simpler and easier to use methods that vary depending on the operating system or version of Mac Os that you are using , which we want to explain to you in this tutorial, which will be very useful for you.
Backup with OS X Mountain Lion
- Start by starting the ‘Calendar’, which you can easily find thanks to the Finder or, failing that, browsing the applications.
- Once inside it, you only have to enter the menu and after that, enter the file, which, once opened, you must proceed to select the ‘Export calendar file’ button.
- You will see that a dialog box appears, in which you must ‘Save’ with a specific name for the file
- If you hover over the disclosure triangle next to the ‘Save’ field, you will see that in a much simpler way, you will be able to navigate to any part of your Mac device, in order to store the iCal file.
- Once you have selected a destination and with it the place where you are going to store said item, just press the “Save” button and everything will be more than ready.
Creating the backup with OS X 10.4
Start by opening the iCal application, as we have mentioned in the above and proceed to click, within the ‘Files’ menu in which you must proceed to select the ‘ Database Backup ‘ folder . You will see that a dialog box will open, in which you must enter the name you want in order to create a compressed file that you can easily open with your compressed file reader .
If what you are looking for is to navigate in a much more comfortable way through the panel, you should only proceed to use the disclosure triangle, which is located next to the ‘Save’ field with which you can navigate anywhere on your device, and with To do this, store the file in a much simpler way. Now, you must proceed to select said destination and then click on the save button.
How to restore the calendar with OS X Mountain Lion?
- Start by accessing the Calendar application on your Mac, and after that, enter the menu and after that, click on the ‘File’, where you will select the ‘Import’ option.
- Inside the dialog box, you will see that a menu will open, in which you must navigate to the Calendar file that you want to import.
- Once you have selected said file, click on the ‘Import’ button and you will see that a sheet will appear that will warn you about the actions of this file and its functions
- If you do not want to continue, you just have to click on the ‘cancel’ option and with that, the restoration will not be done. If, on the other hand, what you are looking for is to import the data, as we have been doing, just click on the ‘ Restore ‘ button.