If you want to know how to prevent my Mac from sleeping or sleeping when downloading, please read the following information carefully.
What is the suspended state?
As of today, practically all computers have a so-called sleep state, something that is also true of Mac computers. Do you have questions regarding the sleep status and downloads? Please read the following carefully.
The sleep state, which is also known as the sleep state, is a mode that computers enter to save power. For this, the computer disconnects the power of certain devices such as the hard disk or the processor itself, keeping only the active RAM memories.
As you can imagine, this configuration allows you to keep the equipment “On” but with minimal power consumption. You cannot use a computer while it is suspended, but you will be able to access the session again very easily, and you will not lose information. For this reason, you can use the system menu or create shortcuts to quickly suspend your computer .
Suspension and downloads
As you can imagine, the suspension of the computer is very useful, in any case, while they are in this state, all the functions are paused, so the downloads will end up stopping. This can certainly be problematic, especially if you are downloading a large file. Also, it is important to know the difference between suspend and hibernate so as not to have any inconvenience.
If the computer goes to sleep in the middle of a download, the download will not advance, which is a big obstacle if you need that file. For this reason, we have prepared the following guide in which we will teach you how to prevent your Mac from going to sleep while downloading files.
How to prevent my Mac from sleeping or sleeping when downloading
The process to prevent your Mac computer from going to sleep is very simple, you just have to follow the following steps:
- The first thing you should do is press on the start button of your Mac computer, to do this, just click on the icon with the apple.
- A new menu will be displayed in which various options appear, there you must click on “System Preferences”.
- After the previous step, you will be redirected to the system configuration options, in this section you must locate “Energy Saver”, press there.
- You will enter the economizer options, as you will see there are two sections, the battery and the power adapter.
In the battery section, we recommend that you take into account the options to save energy, since depending on the configuration you make, the computer will follow them for those occasions in which your equipment works only with the battery.
For this reason, it is advisable to leave the default settings, otherwise, if you want to apply the options to avoid suspension, you must configure everything in the same way as in the power adapter section.
Section settings to prevent the Mac from sleeping or suspending when downloading
In the case of this section, it relates to all those configuration options when the equipment is connected to a power source, in other words, when it is connected to the current. Taking this into account, it is possible to carry out any type of configuration. For this reason, it is advisable to know what it is and how to activate or deactivate the hybrid suspension .
This is why we recommend that you make a specific configuration in this section so that you can download applications without the danger of the computer going to sleep or turning off. The configuration will be carried out as follows:
- Computer sleep: you must configure this option by dragging the bar to the “Never” option, in this way the computer will not go into sleep.
- Screen sleep : with this setting your computer will go into screen sleep mode. In the event that you want to keep the screen always on, you must select the “Never” option. In any case, this is not necessary, as the equipment will not go into suspension.
- Finally, the options “Put hard drives to sleep when possible”, “Wake the computer to allow access to the Wi-Fi network” and “Activate Power Nap with the power adapter connected”, should be disabled.