For all those new to the world of computing, installing an operating system can seem like a complicated process. The truth is that knowing the steps, it is not difficult, that is exactly what we are going to teach you in this tutorial.
In the event that you are interested in more tutorials similar to this one, you may be interested in knowing how to remove or uninstall a program that cannot be removed . Remember also that on our website you will find tutorials of all kinds and for other circumstances.
Getting started and preparing to install Mac OS High Sierra easily
The process of installing an operating system is very simple today, you just have to take into account a series of steps and follow them to the letter. Here we will show you properly how to install Mac OS High Sierra from scratch, for that follow our instructions:
- The first step is to download the operating system from the Apple application store. In the search engine type High Sierra, and immediately the OS will appear.
- The Download option will appear at the top, click on it. Please wait until the download is finished.
- Once the download is complete, the Mac OS High Sierra operating system installation program will appear on the screen. You can close it for now, as we won’t be using it.
Preparing the pendrive
- Indeed, you need a pendrive to perform a clean installation of the Mac OS High Sierra operating system. For this reason you must have a pendrive of at least 16 GB.
- Now it is time to download a very useful application, we refer to DiskMaker X, which is the one with which we will put the operating system on the pendrive. The application can be downloaded from this DiskMaker X website .
- Once you download the application, a process that will take little time due to the small size of the file, install it and proceed to execute it.
- When you open the DiskMaker X application it will indicate that you have downloaded the Mac OS High Sierra file. Click on the Use This Copy option .
- The system will ask you to select the pendrive in which you want to save the file of Mac OS High Sierra. Keep in mind that all the files on the pendrive will be deleted, so it is advisable to make a backup beforehand. Click OK in all options.
- Once the process is finished, it will jump on the screen and you will also hear the notification.
How to install or upgrade from scratch MacOS High Sierra
After all the steps indicated in the previous process, you will have the operating system ready to install from your pendrive. To continue with the rest of the installation, follow these steps:
- To install the OS, you will have to restart the computer and hold down the Alt button. Leave it pressed until the installation options appear on the screen.
- To begin the process, click on the Mac OS High Sierra icon.
This time we are going to make a copy from scratch, so keep in mind that all system files will be deleted. In the event that you have not done your Backup, we recommend you cancel the process and do it.
- Click on the Disk Utility option. Click on the old Mac OS partition and click on the delete option , confirm and move on. When the process is finished, click on accept.
- Now close the disk utility option and click on install Mac OS. Read all the options carefully and focus on installing it in the correct volume.
- Once you press on the volume, the installation will begin.
Please wait until the installation is finished
- The installation process can take several minutes or even longer. You can relax while the process takes place.
- Once the installation is finished, you need to make the relevant configurations. This depends on each user, then enter the data of your country, iCloud user, etc.
- When you finish all the configurations, you will have the Mac OS High Sierra operating system properly installed .