Keep in mind that the following tutorial is designed specifically for Apple devices, but it is also possible to boot the Windows 10 computer from a Bootable USB . Without further ado, keep reading this guide to boot from USB on Mac.
The guide to making a bootable macOS USB stick
Using a USB stick to boot the Mac operating system and install macOS in the event of a problem is something you should know. In fact, it is essential to solve problems related to the integrity of your computer.
Using a pendrive to boot from your Mac computer is not a complicated process, but it does require instruction. For this reason, we have prepared the following tutorial through which you will learn how to create a bootable USB drive for macOS.
How to boot my Mac computer from a bootable external USB? – Fast and easy
The process to boot a USB with the Mac operating system is relatively simple, you just have to follow the steps in the guide that we have prepared for you.
Download the App
- There are many versions of the Mac OS operating system , but in this case we are going to use the example of the Catalina operating system which is the latest version of macOS, but this should work for older versions of the OS.
- Keep in mind that to perform this procedure you must be within a version of macOS, although we recommend that it be a version prior to Catalina. Now you just have to press on the start button of your Mac and go to the App Store.
- Once you are inside the app to obtain macOS software, click on the search engine and type “Catalina”. The newest Mac operating system, macOS Catalina, should appear on the screen.
- At the top of the screen you will find the Download button , click on it to start downloading the operating system ISO. The duration of the download will depend exclusively on your Internet speed, wait until it finishes.
- At the moment you do not have to do anything, do not open the downloaded program.
- Go to the Internet browser Safari, there you should search for Disk Drill, or visit this direct link Cleverfiles.com.
- Disk Drill is an indispensable tool to perform this procedure. Find the appropriate version for your macOS operating system and wait until the download is complete.
Prepare your USB drive
- Run the program, as you can see a new application window will appear on the screen. A small icon with a glasses avatar will appear on the screen, drag this icon to the Applications folder. After this you can close the Disk Drill application.
- Go to applications and run the Disk Drill App again, you must do it from section one of macOS applications. Be sure to insert your USB storage drive.
- At the top of the screen you will find the option “Create boot disk”, press on it and then click on “OS X / macOS installer.” After this, the system will display the version of macOS that we downloaded previously, from click on the option “Use as source”.
- Now you must select the USB drive in which you want to install the operating system, for this click on the option “Make boot”. A warning will be displayed to confirm the deletion of data, just click on the “Yes” option .
- Wait until the process is finished, depending on your Mac version, the instructions that you must use to boot the operating system from the USB memory will appear on the screen, write them down and follow these steps.
On the other hand, if you are interested in formatting and installing the Mac operating system without USB or DVD , know that there are also certain tricks that can be done. Although the truth is that it is recommended to use a memory or disk unit for this procedure.