Years later and with the creation of computers that one by one exceeded the expectations of users. Apple manages to earn respect and admiration in the industry. Building today an empire of unique and quality electronic equipment.
In this way, the Apple company became one of the most prominent companies worldwide, in terms of the development of intelligent equipment.
What is a Mac and how to start in safe mode?
In 1984 and during the fourth generation of Apple “Lisa” computers, the “Macintosh” computer was presented on the market, which included the novelty of its own software or operating system called MacOS.
MacOS is the software developed exclusively for all electronic devices of the Apple brand, which includes, among other aspects, a binary combination granted to each device and that functions as the equipment’s own identification code.
The software allows you to execute actions on the computer for better coverage in wireless networks, advanced technical support and perform actions such as entering safe mode or recovery mode, to protect the equipment.
In the event that the Mac software is found to have failures or errors in the execution of the command, two logon modes have been implemented in the computer, which protect the computer to avoid significant loss of files or sensitive information.
How do I start my Mac computer in safe mode?
Safe mode allows the computer to perform database diagnostics and determine if any third-party software is causing login failures. To activate this resource on the device, the following actions must be completed consecutively:
- Press the “Power” button to turn on or restart your Mac device, and immediately press the “Caps Lock” key for a long time.
- You will find a window to log in that has the option “secure boot” in the upper right corner .
- The diagnosis will automatically be carried out and the session will proceed, in case the problem persists or the restart is not completed, MacOS must be reinstalled.
- It is advisable to check that Apple’s own software, as well as the applications installed by independent servers, are working with the updated version, otherwise there may be an incompatibility error.
How to boot into recovery mode with my Mac computer?
There is an option that can be much more useful in case the team that is failing has sensitive information or that has not yet been backed up. To log in in safe mode you can perform the following process:
- Press the “Power” button to log in or reboot the device.
- Now simultaneously press the “command” key plus the “R” key during the power-up process .
- You will see that the computer logs into “Recovery mode”
- You will need to go into the “disk utility” section to create a backup of your resources, in case you haven’t done so before.
- To create the copy you must mark in Macintosh HD and select the “verify” option , then you will be given the option to “create a new disk image”.
It is important that you have a USB device with enough storage space. You can also give the backup a name.
It may also interest you, What are the best secure VPNs for MacOS to surf the Internet? among other related topics. Taking into account that on this website you can find a wide range of technology articles of great relevance today.