Undoubtedly losing the mobile is something that would bother anyone, but the Apple company has some interesting functions, with which it is possible on many occasions to solve this problem. Today we will talk about the ‘ Find my iPhone’ function, something that every user of the Apple company should know.
How to activate the ‘Find my iPhone’ option?
Without a doubt, losing our mobile phone can be quite stressful, in any case, companies present options with which it is possible to provide convenient solutions. For this there is the option “Find my iPhone”, with which it is possible in many cases to locate your mobile.
First of all, you need to activate the option
- The process of activating this very important function is very simple, you just have to go to the configuration options, by clicking on the “Adjust” icon .
- After this you have to look for the Apple ID section, you can easily find it because it should have your name, click on that option.
- Now go to the “iCloud” section, as you will see, many options related to the iCloud service are shown.
- The option that interests you this time is “Find my iPhone”, verify that this option is activated, if so, you will be able to use it without any inconvenience.
Once you have “Find my iPhone” activated, you can easily locate your device in case you can’t find it. It is an option that you should have enabled before any eventuality that may arise, in this way you can very easily locate your lost iPhone.
Use the ‘Find my iPhone’ feature
This procedure is done over the Internet, so it is necessary that you access from another device, which we recommend is a computer, but first, read this information to prevent thieves from deactivating the Find my iPhone application .
Once you are on your computer you can use this interesting function, with which it is possible to find the device. If you lost your mobile, follow these steps:
- The first thing you should do is go to the official iCloud page, which you can access through the following link iCloud – Find iPhone.
- Once you enter the page that we have provided previously, the space to enter your “Apple ID” will be displayed on the screen . Provide this information and click on the “Next” button and enter your account credentials to access it.
- When you are on the iCloud screen, you must locate the option “find my iPhone.” You will find this tab easily as it is shown with a green icon.
- Once you click on this option, the location of the device will be displayed, represented on a map. As you will see, the device will be located through the global geo-positioning service (GPS).
- It is also possible to make the device ring, so you can listen to it if you have it lost in your home or in a familiar place.
In addition to the above, we also recommend deleting folders or files from iCloud and backing them up in another way, as the thief could enter this information.
What to do if my device is lost and I can’t find it?
In the event that you have lost your device and cannot find it in any way, there is no choice but to block a stolen iPhone phone by IMEI or use another similar method, as it can also be done through the website that we provided above.
Accessing through the previous page (ie iCloud – Find iPhone ), it is possible to activate the “Lost Mode” by enabling this option on the device that will be locked, so that no one can access the content that is inside it, without a doubt It’s something you should do if your mobile was stolen.
As a last option, it is possible to erase all the information on the device. Although this should only be done if you think you will never get it back. In the same way, you can do this through the previous platform, but remember that this option is irreversible.