How to activate the Google Assistant with the Bixby button on the Galaxy S10
Before you start, you should keep two things in mind. The first is that you must update your Samsung to the latest version of the operating system ; otherwise, you will not be able to change the function of the Bixby key. The second is that there is no native option to activate the Google Assistant with the dedicated key.
The only way to do that is by downloading a third party app developed by the folks at XDA Developers. With this in mind, follow these steps to activate the Google Assistant with the Bixby button.
- Configure your mobile to allow downloads from unknown sources. To do this, go to “Settings” → “Biometrics and security ” → “Install unknown applications” → “Google Chrome” → “Allow from this source”.
- Download the XDA Bixby Remapper app. Then find the APK file in the folders of your device and press it to install it.
- Now go to “Settings” → “Advanced features” → “Bixby key” → “Double tap to open”.
- Go back to the previous menu and select the “Use single press ” option .
- Then press the nut icon next to “Open App” and select the “Bixby Button Assistant Remapper” app.
- Press the Bixby button once, select the Google Assistant, and be sure to check the “Always” option.
After this, each time you press the Bixby key once, the Google Assistant will open. On the other hand, if you install another assistant from the Play Store, such as Alexa, you can reconfigure this button to launch it.
Just look for the “Bixby Button Assistant Remapper ” application within the settings and select the “Clear default settings” option. Then press the Bixby button again and select your new assistant.
This option did not remove Bixby. In fact, you only configured the mobile so that this assistant opens when you press the button in question twice. On the other hand, for a better night performance, try activating the night mode of the Samsung Galaxy S10 .
How to configure the Bixby key to run preset commands and routines
The application that makes this change possible is completely trustworthy. Even so, if for security reasons you do not download this app that has access to your assistant, we regret to tell you that you will not be able to reconfigure the dedicated button to activate the Google Assistant.
The good news is that you can change and configure the Bixby button to perform many other functions, including carrying out specific commands. To do this, you just have to create a routine and configure the button to activate it. To do this, do the following:
- Open your Bixby assistant and select the three-dot icon located on the right of the interface.
- Click on the option «Quick Commands». Then, to create a new command, press the “+” icon.
- Write the word or sentence that will activate the command you want to execute.
- Click on “Add a command” and select the kind of action you want to execute. When finished, click on «Save».
- Then close the wizard and run it again.
- Repeat point number 2.
- Select the “Settings” option. Then “Bixby Key.” Then “Press twice to open Bixby” and finally “Use single press”.
- Click on “Execute quick command”.
- Select the command you created earlier.
When you have done all this process you can use this key to execute quick tasks. Without a doubt, this is something that can help you be more productive and get the most out of all the hardware parts of your mobile.
Without a doubt, the battery is one of the most important pieces of hardware. So learn how to properly save and care for your Galaxy S10 battery .