What is Bixby?
It is the virtual assistant incorporated in the phones of the Samsung company. It is the South Korean giant’s own version of the Google Assistant, so you can use it to carry out different tasks on your mobile.
Among other things, you can order him to set an alarm for a certain time, set a reminder, perform a math count, or simply tell a joke. And if you have both assistants activated (Bixby and Google) you can also order them to fight each other (that was a bad joke told by Siri). From Bixby you can even activate the Google assistant on your mobile.
Steps to activate or deactivate Bixby of any Samsung Galaxy cell phone
Now we will show you how to activate or deactivate your Bixby virtual assistant. We’ll start with activation, and then we’ll talk a bit about deactivation with you.
How to activate Bixby
If you want to activate the virtual assistant for the first time on your Samsung mobile, do the following:
- Press the button dedicated to the assistant. In general, this is located below the volume buttons, and it will be very useful to know that you can configure this Bixby button on any Samsung mobile.
- A panel will open in which you will begin to configure Bixby. First, enter the language in which you are going to talk to the assistant. Then click on the arrow located at the bottom.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions of use of the function. After marking the options, click on the arrow to go to the next section.
- Now you must teach Bixby to recognize your voice. When you’re ready, press the arrow and say “Hi, Bixby” as many times as your phone prompts you. In order to obtain the best results, we recommend that you hold the phone about 12 inches from your face and speak as you usually do.
- When you finish configuring your assistant, click on the ✔ sign.
When you have your assistant correctly configured, you have at your disposal three ways in which you can invoke it to order tasks:
- Say “Hi, Bixby.”
- Press and hold the button dedicated to the assistant until the phone vibrates.
- Press the dedicated button once to access your assistant’s menu. To give it an order by voice, click on the icon located in the lower left corner.
On the other hand, if your assistant is already activated but is not configured to start by voice command, you just have to follow the steps below. You will see that it is very similar to setting up Ok Google on your Android or iOS mobile .
- Press the dedicated key.
- Press the three-dot column located in the upper right.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Press the “Voice activation” box.
- Press the virtual button to activate the voice command “Hi, Bixby”
How to disable Bixby
In this section you have several options. You can choose the one that solves your concerns.
Disable the button dedicated to Bixby
If you often confuse this button with the power button and want to deactivate it but still use the voice assistant, this is your lucky day. To do so, just follow these steps:
- Press the dear button.
- Slide the switch in the “Bixby Key” box to deactivate it.
That easy. You will no longer confuse the power button with the one that activates Bixby.
Completely disable your virtual assistant
If you don’t like Bixby spying on you or you just want to get rid of it, follow these steps to achieve your goal:
- Long press on any empty space on the home screen until the editing interface appears.
- Slide the windows until you find the one that says “Bixby Home.”
- Slide the switch on the right to deactivate your assistant and all its functions.
That’s how easy you can completely disable Bixby. If in the future you regret your decision and want to activate it again, you just have to look for the same tab and slide the switch again. And if it seems very annoying, you could also disable the Google assistant on your Android in a very simple way.