In this text, you will find a guide on how to update Adobe Flash Player on Windows, Mac and Android. This is a simple procedure, but with very different steps between teams. However, this process may not be necessary if you already have the latest version. Therefore, you will also learn to verify which version of Flash you have installed and if this is the latest available.
Adobe Flash Player is an important complement for the operation of various websites. Since it allows the reproduction of multimedia content, as well as the interaction of the visitor with the elements displayed on the page. However, being out of date, it may not work properly. For this reason, this guide will be very useful for users who use websites with Flash content.
Before proceeding with the update of the add-on, firstly, you must check which version you have installed. Then, you will find out how to know what is the latest update available for Adobe Flash Player. Check out more below:
Check which version is installed
To know which version of Adobe Flash Player you have installed in your browser, it will be necessary to use an Adobe web page created to verify this type of data. In this, you can also see if Flash Player is installed and enabled. To do this, enter thislink and perform the following steps:
- Click on the padlock icon found in the navigation bar.
- A box will open, in which you will see the message ” Flash: block (Default) “. You should change it to ” Allow “.
- You will then have to reload the website to ensure that you are using the version of the page with Flash permissions enabled.
- Then, press the ” Check Now ” button.
- An information box will open showing the installed version.
It is recommended to carry out this process in your default browser, but you have the option to check this information in all the browsers you have installed.
Know what is the latest update available
To know which is the latest version available, you will simply have to enter thislink. Then compare the number of the available adaptation with the current one, and yes, the installed software corresponds to a lower figure, you will have to update it.
Another way to check if Adobe Flash is installed, enabled and updated, is by going to theaforementioned help page. At the bottom of this, you should see an animation without any inconvenience. If the add-on is uninstalled, disabled or out of date, you will not be able to see it.
If you have the latest version of this add-on installed, it will not be necessary to carry out any additional process to enjoy the Flash content.
How to update it
The following will show the different procedures to perform to update Adobe Flash Player on Windows, Mac, and Android. However, you should keep in mind that the steps to follow vary slightly depending on the device.
Having Adobe Flash Player updated on your Windows computer should not be a problem. If you use Google Chrome, this browser will automatically update the add-ons installed on it. If you prefer to check the status, check for new updates, or install them manually, follow these simple steps:
- Copy and paste in the Google address bar the following ” chrome: // components ” and press the ” Enter ” key .
- Using the ” Search ” tool with the ” Ctrl + F ” shortcut , locate the ” Adobe Flash Player ” plug-in and click on the ” Check update ” button.
If the update is not carried out, you may already have the most recent version allowed by the browser or some other error occurred and you should contact support.
If the Safari browser sends a message that Flash Player content was blocked, this would indicate to the user that the plugin is out of date. To install or update this plugin, you can use the following guide:
- You must click on the notification and then another message will appear stating that ” Adobe Flash Player is not up to date.”
- Now, click on the ” Download Flash ” button.
- Later, you will have to exit the Safari browser and close all the folders and programs that are open.
- After a moment, the official Adobe website will open, where you can get the update by clicking on “ Download Flash ”.
- Next, for the download you will need to choose your Operating System and verify the version of the Flash Player you want to download.
- Click on ” Download now ” and wait for the process to finish.
- Open the .exe file and install. You may have to give administrator permissions and enter your username and password to confirm the action.
- The installer will ask you to ” Allow Adobe to install updates (Recommended) “. Accept and press ” Next “.
- At the end of the installation, it will be necessary to restart the computer to complete the installation.
With these steps you can manually update the Adobe Flash Player plug-in on your MacOS. So you can enjoy all the content of the web pages, without any inconvenience.
It should be noted that there is no official version of the plugin in the Android Play Store since version 11.1 of Adobe Flash Player. In addition, the support offered by the company was available up to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS .
For this reason, if you want to download or update Adobe Flash, you will have to search for a file. APK. To allow this, you will need to enable download from unknown sources in your Android security settings. Alternatively, you can use browsers that support Flash content, such asDolphin Browser orFlashfox.