The iPhone phones have become one of the most important tools for its users, because with them have the ability to take photos, make videos, store notes, contacts, information, see news, among many other functions.
Despite all these tools that these smartphones offer , none of this is completely safe or protected unless some type of backup is made. That is why it is recommended to transfer all your telephone contacts to your Gmail email, where they will be safe and available whenever you need them.
This is the most efficient and secure way to keep all your mobile contacts . In such a way, here we explain how you can carry this out.
Why sync your contacts with Google Gmail to save them? Advantages and benefits
Being able to save the phone numbers in your Gmail email is a great alternative to be able to safely keep each of the contacts that you add on your mobile, taking into account that in many cases these are usually deleted unexpectedly.
In addition, it becomes a great option for those moments where we change our Smartphone, if we lose it, if it is stolen where we can simply lose all the numbers in the directory .
There is also the possibility of saving them in the SIM, but in the event that the terminal is stolen or lost, said SIM card will also be lost, so it will not be very useful to have it as a backup.
According to all this, here we present the main advantages and benefits of supporting the telephone directory in your email:
- There is no storage limit.
- Allows you to save the phone number, photo, address and personal information of the person.
- You can synchronize your calendar on any phone simply by logging into your Gmail account .
- Greater security for your directory.
- Access the phone book from any mobile device or computer.
Steps to transfer all the numbers from your phonebook to Google from your iPhone mobile
Passing your entire mobile directory to your Gmail account from the iPhone is a very important task to perform, since it will provide you with greater support in each of the numbers that you add to the device, taking into account that most of them are of great importance. .
To carry out this there are different methods or ways of doing it, to do this follow each of the steps that we are going to explain below:
The first method that we present is to save the contacts from Gmail, for this it will be necessary to use a program or phone manager called ApowerManager, which will allow you to import your phonebook from the terminal directly from the email. For this, it will be necessary that you follow each of the steps that we will teach you below:
- The first thing is to download ApowerManager to your computer completely free, follow the link above, it is 100% safe.
- When it has been installed you will have to connect the iPhone to the computer through the USB cable.
- Once the terminal is connected to the computer, a notice will appear on the mobile screen where you click on “Trust”.
- Now the ApowerManager program will open , and on the main screen of the application select “Contacts”.
- The next thing will be to select those contacts that you want to transfer to email and finally click on “Export” so that all the numbers in Vcard are transferred from the PC .
- Enter your Gmail email from your preferred browser.
- When you have entered the email, the following will be to click on “Contacts”, in the drop-down menu select “More” and then on “Import”.
- Click on the option “Choose file” and find the Vcard file where the phonebook has been stored in order to transfer them.
- Once found, the last thing you will have to do is select the “Import” option , after a few minutes your entire directory will have been stored in your email.
From Google Contacts
Another method that we can take into account is using Google Cotacts, for this it will be necessary to use your iCloud account to be able to transfer the mobile phonebook to email . Therefore, Apple’s cloud service will be a fundamental piece to be able to carry out all this.
To do this, it will be necessary to follow these steps:
- To begin it will be necessary that you access the settings of your terminal, there you select the icon where your image and your name appear.
- Now go to contacts and make sure that this box is activated, for this it must be green .
- When you have already activated this box on the iPhone with iCloud, you will have to carry out the necessary steps with To do this, you must enter the mail from your preferred browser and go to “Google Contacts”.
- Google Contacts is an email tab that is dedicated solely to this function. When you are inside it you can add your iPhone contacts, for this in the menu located on the left side select the option “More” and then “Import”.
- Then a new window will open where you have to choose from where you will import, in this case you select “Other provider” of email.
- At this point you will have to enter your iCloud account details. Then you select “Accept” to start the process.
- Keep in mind that this import process can take a few minutes, this will basically depend on how much information has to be passed. In this way you can start having your address book in your email.
From the iPhone settings
Finally, we show you how to synchronize your address book with your email from the settings of your terminal, this can be one of the simplest and fastest ways to do all this.
In this case you will have to perform the following steps:
- The first thing will be to enter the “Settings” of your Smartphone.
- Then you look for the “Mail, Contacts, Calendar” tab .
- The next thing will be to select the option “Add account” in this way you can make sure that your email account will be opened in order to synchronize.
- Now a new window will open where you will have to select your Gmail account in which you want to synchronize your address book, in this case you select ” Google Account “.
- After this , the synchronization process will begin to take place , keep in mind that it may take a few minutes.
- Finally, a message will appear on the mobile screen indicating that the synchronization has finished successfully.
How to import the numbers saved in Google to my new iPhone so as not to lose my contacts when changing mobile?
One of the advantages we have when it comes to saving our phone numbers in email is that we can easily import them to a new mobile device, this will avoid having to add them manually or start requesting them again .
It should be mentioned that this process is quite simple to carry out, for this it will be necessary to follow the following steps:
- Enter the “Settings” menu of your terminal.
- Now slide the screen down until you find the “Accounts and passwords” device .
- Then select “Add accounts”.
- Different options will appear, here you select “Google Account”.
- Now a new window will appear where you have to write your email address.
- When it has been written in the correct way, click on “Next”.
- Enter your Google password and click on “Next”.
- Now in the menu of your mobile you must make sure that the contact box is activated.
- The next thing will be to click on “Save”, it is in the upper right part of your screen.
- By saving all this, your Google account will be stored on your Smartphone and the entire agenda will be added to the mobile device.