Nowadays, sending jobs and documents through any medium is extremely necessary. But beyond that, having a physical role sometimes becomes mandatory. For this reason, printers began to take value for some time, this in turn has brought with it new ways of passing information without having to go to where it is. For example, if you work in a large office you can share the computer network, in this case Windows and MacOS to transmit it.
The moment you establish the connection of this device with the rest of the equipment, you make it possible for several people to use it simultaneously to export their products and services. But in order to achieve this, it is necessary that you have a printer installed with at least one of the computers you have in use.
If you do not know how to do it, in this article we will explain how you can share the printer on a network of computers with these operating systems. In the same way, how to do to be able to print from the different connected devices. To discover it, you just have to follow these simple steps that are indicated below.
Steps to share a network printer on Windows 10, 7 and 8 computers
Today, the latest models of this hardware incorporate the WiFi network, this to provide the user with a more comfortable and practical way when printing. Now you can be at your workplace and from there request an impression with a single click and without having to move.
To know how to do it from the different versions of Windows, in this part we will provide you with some alternatives that you need to know to be able to share information successfully.
Using the Homegroup option in Windows
This Windows operating system gives us the option to create a group called “Home Group”. With this you manage to share all the content you want, a clear example of this would be with important documents or with those that we use to entertain ourselves. We can do all this only if we use a password to join the group. To know how to do it, follow this step by step.
- The first thing you should do is go to the Windows “Start” button and locate the “Control Panel . “
- Later you must choose “Networks and internet”, followed by “Home Group”.
- After this, a window will appear where you must select the option “Join now”.
- A tab will appear where it explains everything you can do with this, there you will have to click “Next”.
- Next, you will have to choose which files you want to be shared with other users. Also check that the option of “Devices and printers” is with the choice that says “Shared”.
- Then, you will have to enter the password for the “Home Group” . This key will be provided by the owner of the computer where it was created.
- Finally, you will be able to see the verification process and see that you have joined. From this window you can even see which users have access to this printing peripheral.
- If you want to verify the process, you will have the option to enter from another computer and realize that it is shared in the “Home group”. In this way you will have already achieved it.
Without using HomeGroup in Windows
We already showed you how to do it using HomeGroup in Windows 10, 8 and 7, but now we will show you how you can achieve it without using it. In this way, you can also transmit everything you want without having to go to the other person, but you can use it through your computer.
- The first thing you have to do is share it so that other users have access to it.
- Then, when it is already shared, you will have to go to the option of “Devices and printers” where you will have to choose “Add a printer”.
- Once you do the previous step, a window will appear where you must select and click where it says “The printer I want is not in the list.”
- Later, a window will appear where you can see several options, there you will have to select “Add a printer by means of a TCP / IP address or host name” and then press “Next”.
- Then it will ask you to enter the IP address of the device and press “Next” . The system will proceed to begin the search process.
- Once the process is complete, you will have the option to define it as the default.
Connect directly to the network
In this part we will see how you can connect your device directly to the network by following the necessary steps. We know that there are many different brands and therefore, they may vary at the time of their configuration. However, we will explain what you should do in a simple way with a function that can be applied to any manufacturer that has this option.
- The first thing you should do is use the installation CD.
- Then you will have to configure it and activate the WiFi of it, in order to be able to connect it directly to the network.
How to share the printer in local network for MacOS computers?
It is time to find out how you can share the device on a local network, on computers like MACOs when you have several computers. In particular, these have another way of doing it that you must know in order to execute it.
- The first thing you should do is go to the printer settings on your computer. Mac has a peculiarity and that is that it detects it and adds it to the list automatically.
- When it is added you will have to go to the “Share” panel to activate the option, from there you will select and click where it says “Share printer”.
- Followed by the previous steps, when you are on the interested computer, you will have to add the new peripheral. You will have to do this by going to the “Print and Fax” panel .
- Then at the bottom you will get an option called “Default” within the “Add printer” options . This time it should appear with its respective name.
- If, on the other hand, it does not appear, you must manually add the IP address of the computer to which it is connected.
Now these are all the steps you have to take to be able to use your printing device with your computer, be it Windows or MacOS. To access the information you want to share and print.