Outlook is currently one of the most used email servers in the world. It has a large number of active users who place it together with Gmail as the two most important emails today.
Previously this mail server was known as Hotmail . However, in one of its most recent updates its name was changed to Outlook . In order to access it, it is necessary to have an access password and an Outlook user or email.
This is how, on many occasions, users forget their password or username for some reason and cannot access their inbox again . Therefore, if this has happened to you and you cannot access your email, here we will explain how you can recover your email account without remembering your username or password .
What to keep in mind before trying to recover my Hotmail account again? Now Outlook
When wanting to recover an Outlook account, it is important to keep in mind some specific aspects that will help us to know if it is possible or not to recover access to email. This is because this mail server has a series of rules that the user must comply with, since if some of them are ignored it could mean the closing of the email .
In accordance with this, here we are going to present the most important aspects to take into account when trying to recover an email account:
One of the main reasons Outlook closes email accounts is due to downtime on them . This is because all these users created and not used again are considered fake or spam accounts, since they are simply created to meet a requirement of another web platform or to create fake emails and send information with viruses or malware. through the email server.
Therefore, if you have created a Hotmail email a while ago and have not used it again, it is possible that it has been removed from the platform . In general, it is estimated that it takes 1 year or more of inactivity for the email to be deleted.
If you have this time or more without opening your email then it is possible that it has been deleted, if so, it will not be possible to recover your account, in this case you simply must create a new one and thus enjoy the services of the old Hotmail .
Another important aspect to keep in mind when wanting to recover an Outlook account is the device from which we are going to do the recovery process, either to recover or change the password or simply to recover the user. Due to security and privacy standards, the Microsoft account detects the computers from which you constantly log in .
Bearing this in mind, the most advisable thing to do when wanting to regain access to the email is to do it through a computer where we have previously entered it, since this will greatly facilitate the recovery process. On the contrary, it happens when you try to do it from a computer where the mail has never been entered, since the system will detect it and the recovery process will be more tedious and complicated.
In this type of case, Microsoft will try to prove the identity of the person who wants to make said change, this as a security measure . Therefore, if you do it from a new computer, you will surely have to answer a large number of questions before you can perform the password change or user recovery .
Alternative phone and email
In general, when the registration process is carried out on this platform, the user is asked to enter a telephone number and an alternative email as a security measure at the time of any inconvenience with access to the email.
This will facilitate any password or user recovery procedure since the system will automatically send you access information to your phone number or alternative email .
In this way, if you have any of these two requirements in your account, the procedure to regain access to the email will be simple and fast . It is important that you make sure that the number registered on the platform matches your current number .
Steps and methods to recover the Hotmail email account without knowing the password or user
One of the greatest advantages for users of this platform is that they have a large number of methods that will allow them to regain access to Hotmail. Therefore, if you have lost your password or do not remember the username, it will be necessary to carry out some of the methods that we are going to teach you below.
Checking the passwords saved in the browser
Before contacting the Outlook support service to try to recover your password or user, it is important that you first try to check if the email password has been saved in one of your web browsers. In general, most browsers usually store the access data of certain web pages, some of them are Microsoft accounts .
In addition, this has also been one of the main reasons why users frequently forget their access codes or users , since the browser automatically fills in this data, preventing the person from having to enter it when wanting to access a web portal.
Therefore, this first method consists of reviewing the browser settings and seeing if this data is stored there, to do this, follow these steps:
In Google Chrome
If you are one of the people who constantly uses Google Chrome as your default browser then it is necessary that this procedure be done from its settings. Especially since Chrome is responsible for storing a large amount of web page data in order to facilitate its users with their next logins.
Considering this, here we explain how to check if your email access data has been stored by Chrome, to do this, follow the steps that we will indicate below:
- To start you must enter the Google Chrome browser .
- Once you have entered you must click on the three points located in the upper right part of your screen.
- There you will see a menu where you must select the “Settings” section.
- Then a new page will open on the screen, with the help of the mouse you scroll down until you reach the “Autocomplete” section.
- There you must select the “Password” option .
- In the new window that appears you can find a section with the “Saved Passwords” where you can see those websites that have these data stored. As well as another section on “Passwords that are never saved.”
- In this case, if your email appears in “Saved passwords” you simply have to click on the “View” icon , this will allow you to know your access password .
In Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is another of the most widely used web browsers today, just like Chrome is responsible for storing a large amount of data from the different web pages you visit, such as users and passwords . Therefore, if you have forgotten your Hotmail password, an option to try to recover it is by accessing the Firefox options and checking if this data is stored there.
If you are lucky and this data has been previously stored during your logins, then your recovery process will be very fast and easy, to do this, follow these steps:
- Enter your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- When you have entered the browser, click on the three lines located in the upper right part of your screen.
- In the menu that appears on the screen, select the option “Options”.
- Now the “Options” window will open , here you must select the “Privacy & Security” section.
- When you have entered the “Privacy & Security” tab , with the help of the mouse you will have to scroll down until you find the “Users and password” section.
- The next thing will be to click on “Saved accounts”.
- Finally, a new window will open where you can find all the sites where you have previously logged in and where the access data has been stored . You can also add new websites by clicking on the “Create new logins” option . Therefore, if your saved email appears here, simply select “Show password” and that way you can log into Outlook again.
Without knowing the password
In the case that you want to access your Hotmail inbox, but you have forgotten the password or you have simply lost it, you will have to perform this method. It consists of resetting your password through the Hotmail system and thus being able to generate a new password to enter your inbox again , to do this, follow these steps:
- The first thing will be to enter the main Outlook page .
- There you will click on the “Login” button located in the upper right part of your screen.
- Then you must enter your email address, phone number or Skype and select “Next”.
- In the next window you must enter your password, in this case select the option Forgot your password? to start this procedure.
- Here you will see a new window where you will be told if you want your security code to be sent to your alternative email address or simply if you want to try some other method. In this case select the option “Show more verification methods”.
- Now a new window will open where you can select if the code will be sent to the alternate email, if you prefer that it be sent to you in a text message or that they call you . In this case we select “Send text message”.
- In the next window you must enter the last 4 digits of your phone number and then click on “Get code”.
- Now in the next window enter the code that has been sent to your mobile device and select “Next”.
- After this you will have to create your new password . Keep in mind to create a security key that is easy to remember and finally click on “Next”.
- Finally, a window will appear where you will be told that the password has been changed successfully . Just select the “Login” button and start enjoying your inbox .
Without the mobile
Another way to regain your access to your Outlook inbox is without requiring your mobile device. In this case, it is a matter of changing the access password without having to receive the verification code on the smartphone, this in the case that you do not have your terminal at hand or you simply no longer have said telephone number registered on the platform .
Therefore, to regain access to your account without the mobile, follow these steps:
- Enter the main Outlook page and at the top right of your screen select the “Login” button .
- Then a window will