How to deactivate the Google Assistant is something that many users constantly ask themselves, as they consider that this is an unprofitable or annoying application. Well, although it is an excellent tool for ordering quick commands through voice, it also generates great data consumption if it is not connected to a wireless network. That is why, in the following text, it is explained how to disable it on your device, quickly and easily.
Now, even if the Google Assistant is deactivated, it will still be available to activate at any time you press and hold the “Home” button on your Smartphone. Therefore, below, it is explained how to completely deactivate it on computers with Android Operating System. In addition, if it is associated with a device on Google Home, you will also learn how to disable this function.
Steps to follow
To deactivate the Google Assistant it is necessary to enter the options menu. However, this is not something that is visible to the naked eye on the device, so you will need to follow the instructions below to achieve this:
- Press and hold the ” Home ” button and say ” Open Assistant Settings.”
- Click on the ” Assistant ” tab .
- Swipe all the way to find the Assistant’s devices and click on ” Phone.”
- Turn off the ” Google Assistant ” toggle .
In this simple way you can deactivate the Google Assistant in a couple of minutes. Now, you must bear in mind that you need an Internet connection to be able to do so. On the other hand, this function will remain available to be activated again at any time you want. So, in case you want to completely eliminate this possibility, you should continue reading.
To completely disable the Google Assistant and prevent it from being activated again at any time, you will have to access the settings menu of your Smartphone. Subsequently, you must follow the steps described below. It is important to clarify that the route or the options may vary on each device, depending on its version of Android, model or brand of it.
- Go to ” General Settings “.
- Locate the ” Applications ” section and click on it.
- Tap on ” Advanced Options “.
- Select ” Default application settings.”
- Now press ” Voice input and assistant “.
- Click on ” Assistance application “.
- In the pop-up window that will appear, select “ None ”.
In this way you will completely disable the activation of the Google Assistant and it will not appear, even if you press and hold the “Home” button. It is important to clarify that this can be reversed at any time by simply repeating the process in reverse, that is, instead of selecting ” Nothing ” you should choose ” Google “.
Disable on Google Home devices
If you have a smart device at home that is linked to Google Home, you may want to disable Voice Assistant there as well. However, you should know that, in this type of equipment, it cannot be done definitively, but you can program the deactivation at certain times of the day through the “Inactivity” function. Learn how to do it below:
- Open Google Home on your device.
- Tap on ” Home “.
t the device on which you want to apply the changes.
- Click on the Settings icon (the gear).
- Go to Digital Wellbeing> New Hours.
- Select the devices you want to apply it to and press ” Next.”
- Pick a schedule or create your own based on your daily routine and hit ” Next.”
- Sets the start time and end time for the Wizard’s inactivity. Then press ” Next “.
- Press ” Done.”
In this way, your devices will be programmed and the Assistant will deactivate automatically, in the range of hours and days that you chose during the process. In case you change your mind, you can revert all the changes made by following the same route, but eliminating inactivity.
As you can see, deactivating the Google Assistant is very easy and fast, as is disabling its activation button. You just have to follow the steps mentioned throughout this text and you can do it successfully.