Amazon is the main place that anyone goes online when buying something . This online store is the epicenter of electronic commerce, also registering exceptional growth in recent years, as a result of the normalization of online purchases . Due to this, it is not surprising that there are millions of people registered as buyers within this platform, in order to carry out transactions easily, as well as sellers who see in this place a good way of doing business.
But not everything is good. Those who subscribe to the Prime program over time may have complaints about lost agility when moving shipments, as well as the shadow of a possible increase in fees that makes many wonder if it is really worth paying for it.
For sellers, the remaining profit percentages and possible incidents with buyers are reasons that encourage them to leave Amazon and, therefore, to find how to delete an Amazon account whether you are a buyer as a seller user. In this guide we are going to remedy.
Steps to close my Amazon account permanently
We explain step by step what needs to be done when requesting the cancellation from both the buyer’s and the seller’s perspective . Solutions for each case and, also, for those who decide to cancel the Prime plan to go to a free and more normal system. Whatever you are looking for in the field of requesting the unsubscribe from the profile within Amazon, here we give you the answers you need with all kinds of details.
Within Amazon there are two types of users, those who enter as buyers and those who enter as sellers. In this section of the guide, we will explain the steps to permanently close the account in both cases. No matter what your role was within this portal, you can close the profile without problems.
Delete the account as a buyer
In the case of wanting to unsubscribe as a buyer in the Amazon portal, you just need to follow these simple instructions to get it. Take a look and do what we tell you:
- Enter your computer’s web browser and, in the address bar, type the URL of the Amazon home page to access it: www.amazon.es .
- Once there, hover over “Hello. Identify yourself. Account and lists ” and, when the drop-down menu opens, click on the yellow“ Login ”button.
- On the next screen, first enter the email address or phone number that you have assigned to your user profile. Then press the “Continue” button.
- Now, it is necessary that you write the access password in the new field that appears, respecting the capital letters if there is one. When you finish, click on “Login” and you will be in your profile.
- Back on the home screen, find the “Help” section below the search bar and click on it.
- After this, go down until you reach the section “Consult our help pages “. There, hover over the phrase “ Do you need more help? ”And, after doing so, click on the “ Contact us ” option that appears on the right.
- Here, the first thing you should do is press the “Prime and others” box.
- Once marked, go down to point 2 and open the drop-down next to “Select a problem “. In it, choose the option “Update your account information.”
- When you have done it, open the drop-down that has appeared just below and, there, choose “Close account”.
- You will see that several options appear below. You can choose the phone call, the mail or even the text chat to request the cancellation of your buyer profile on Amazon. Whatever you choose, you will have to contact the support team to take care of completing the process.
Cancel account as a seller
Amazon seller accounts have a different procedure when it comes to being canceled compared to buyer accounts . Everything is managed through a different website although, as you can see now, it is not difficult at all:
- Before doing anything, you need to open your computer’s web browser. From there, you will enter the Amazon Seller website using the URL that we leave you here: https://sellercentral.amazon.es .
- When you are inside, go to the upper right corner of the page and press the button with the text “Identify yourself”.
- After this, you have to fill in the form that appears on the screen with various data. In the first field, you need to write the phone number of your account or the linked email. In the second, you have to do the same with the password, although remembering to respect capital letters. Once this is done, click on “Login “.
- You are already in your profile. Now, go back to the upper right and click on the “Help” option .
- A drop-down menu will open in the right area with several important points and details. Go to the bottom and click on the central button, in “Contact us “,
- In this new screen, go to the left column and open the “Your account ” section. Inside it, press the option “Close your account” and, on the right side, click on the one with the same name.
- At this point you have to fill out another form with certain information. Enter your contact email, a phone number and indicate your desire to unsubscribe from the seller profile on Amazon . After this, press the button to send your request and they will contact you soon to finish processing it.
How do I unsubscribe from my Amazon Prime subscription?
In case what you are looking for is the method to cancel your subscription in Amazon Prime, either because the trial month is over and you are not interested or simply because you do not want to continue paying the fee, the process is very simple. Next, we explain what you have to do:
- Open the browser on your computer or your smartphone and, in the address bar at the top, enter this URL .
- Inside, you will likely have to log in . Start by writing your email or mobile number linked to your user profile and press the button to continue.
- Now, do the same with the access key . Again, press the button and, this time, you will have finished the login.
- At this point, there are two possible paths to follow:
- You are not in the trial period : if so, just look for the option “Cancel subscription ” and click on it.
- You are in the trial period : here, you must first press “Do not update ” and then do the same with the phrase “Deactivate automatic update “.
Following these steps, you will have finished requesting the closure of your Prime account and you will be a normal buyer again. It is worth mentioning that the process does not finish being effective until a minimum of 2 working days has passed , since the service must carry out certain procedures that take a long time.