Currently, most users tend to work from their computers, handling different types of files and programs. This is where the inconvenience comes especially when we need to convert one type of format to another either to open it or send it by email.
In the case of JPG images, on many occasions we need to convert them into PDF format , either to upload it to a website where only that format is allowed or simply to send it to another person or attach it to a PDF document.
This process of converting an image to PDF format is very easy to do as long as you have the necessary tools to do so. In this way, here we explain different methods so that you can carry out this from your Windows, Linux and Mac computer, as well as on your Android and iPhone mobile device .
Steps and methods to convert photos and images in .JPG or .JPEG format into .PDF files
On many occasions we have a JPG or JPEG image either on our computer or Smartphone and we need to convert it into a PDF file for some special reason. This at first glance may seem a very complicated and difficult process to achieve, but the truth is that it is something very simple to do.
That is why here we are going to explain which method to use depending on the operating system of your PC or mobile. To do this, follow each of these methods that we will explain below:
Convert on Windows 10, 7 and 8
In the case of Windows computers, being able to convert a jpg or jpeg image to PDF format is very simple, there are different methods that we can carry out to do this.
That is why here we are going to explain the method of the printing function that you can perform in Windows 7, 8 and 10 to start converting your jpg files to PDF every time you need it, to do this, follow these steps:
- The first thing will be to find your JPG or JPEG image that you want to convert to PDF and open it with your photo viewer in Windows.
- When they have been opened you will have to select the option “Printing”.
- There you select the printer option: “Adobe PDF” and finally click on “Print.”
- There you will be sent to print the image and then Windows explorer will open where you can save the image, but now in PDF format. You just have to select the location where you want to save it and click “Save”.
Convert JPG to PDF on Linux
In the case of Linux computers, there are two methods that we can do to convert a JPG file to PDF . In this case we are going to introduce you to the command method that will be carried out through an open source program called imagemagick or through a graphical interface where we will use gscan2pdf. In this case, you can use the one you consider simpler.
To do this, follow these steps:
From the command line
If you decide to use the command line method, you will need to install the imagemagick command package . This package offers us a set of command line tools that will help us convert JPG images into PDF files, where you will also find a large number of options.
In this case we can use commands to convert all JPG or JPEG images at once to PDF or also a single specific image as the case may be.
When entering the package we will find these three commands:
- Cd / home
- Convert * .jpg name.pdf
- Convert photo.jpg name .pdf
We can use command number one to convert all existing JPEG images to PDF. Generally, this is used in cases where we have to convert a large number of images to this format.
Command number two and three is used to make only one image specific and which must match the name of the command.
In the case that you are not one of the people who get along very well with the commands and you prefer to use another type of method then you can try the following way to convert a JPG image to a PDF file .
Using a graphical interface
Today there is a large number of graphical interfaces that will allow you to carry out this type of action from your computer or mobile device. In this case, we have decided to work with the gscan2pdf program , which is mainly characterized by its easy handling.
To carry out this you must follow the steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing will be to enter gscan2pdf .
- The next thing will be to find and insert the image or images that we want to convert to PDF.
- When these images have been added to gscan2pdf, we can begin to reorder them in order of priority at the time of conversion. For this we use the list that appears just to the left of your screen.
- When they are all sorted, we select the option to “Save” or “Save”.
- A new window will open where we find different options that we can choose from. However, in this case it is important to select only the output format that is PDF, and in the case of wanting to convert a group of images select the “All” option so that all of them are converted to the new format.
- Finally we click on “OK ” and after a few seconds the images will have been converted into PDF format.
Convert images to PDF for MAC
Images are one of the most used and important files for every user. However, on many occasions we have the need to convert a JPG image to PDF format either because it needs to be uploaded on a web page or to print it or send it by email in that format.
In the case of MAC computers we can make use of a tool called PDFelement, it is a paid tool but it has a trial version . Therefore, here we explain how to do this through PDFelement with the following steps:
- The first thing will be to download the PDFelement software to the MAC.
- When it is installed, we open it and the “Create PDF” button will appear in the start window, we click there.
- Now we can upload the JPG image that we want to convert to PDF.
- You can also use the following path to upload the image in JPG: “File”> “Create”> “PDF from file”> “Select the image”> “Upload JPG file”.
- Now the JPG file will appear as an image, but in PDF format . The software detects the image as scanned and therefore needs to be edited.
- To do this we click on “Perform OCR” and then on “Edit” here you can start editing your PDF file .
- Once you finish editing the PDF, the next thing to do is click on “File” and then on “Save as”. There you can change the name and save it.
This way you can start converting your JPG images to PDF from your MAC in a few simple steps.
Using an Online Converter
Another way that we can use to start converting JPG or JPEG images to PDF format is through an online converter . It is important to mention that currently there is a large number of them that we can get on the Internet and that they are completely free, that is why today we are going to present you the Ilovepdf online convert, it is characterized by its conversion speed and its easy handling.
Therefore, here we explain how to convert an image to PDF with Ilovepdf:
- The first thing will be to enter iLovepdf from your browser of choice.
- There you will find a large red box where you will have to click to upload the image you want to convert. You can also upload said image from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Once the image is loaded, a new window will open where the uploaded image will appear and the option to add more images if it is the case.
- When you have loaded all the images you want to convert, the next thing to do is to click on the “Convert to PDF” option at the bottom right of your screen .
- Then it will appear loading the image in its new format.
- Finally, the image has been converted into PDF and you will see the option to download it to your computer . This way you can start converting your JPG images to PDF through an online converter.
Convert images to file to PDF on Android
It is very likely that at some point you will receive or have a JPG image on your mobile device and you want to convert it into a PDF format for a specific reason, either to upload it to a website or simply to send it to another person in that format.
In the case of Android mobile devices, there are different applications that will help us to do this. In this way we present the app “PDF Converter: Documents to PDF”, it is not available in the Play Store.
To carry out this you will only have to follow these steps:
- To begin, it will be necessary to install PDF Converter: Documents to PDF in the terminal.
- Once installed on the Smartphone, we open it and grant it the relevant storage permissions for the app.
- The next thing will be to find and select the JPG image that we want to convert to PDF. There we will find other options to convert web pages, text, emails, contacts, among others.
- When the image has already been selected, we must click on the upper bar to convert it into PDF . After a few seconds the image will have been converted into a PDF file.
Convert a photo to PDF with iPhone or iPad
Being able to convert a JPG image into PDF format from an iOS mobile device is very simple, especially since we do not have to resort to any third-party app. Therefore, if you do not like to be installing and taking up space on your Smartphone, then this is excellent news for you.
To be able to convert an image into PDF, you simply have to follow these steps:
- The first thing to do will be to enter the “PHOTOS” application and find the image we want to convert there.
- When we have found it, we must click on the “Share” button.
- Now, from the menu of options that appears, we select the option “Print”.
- The following screen will appear, there you must click on the image that appears below and select the “Share” option again .
- Finally, you will have to select the address where you want to store your PDF image, in this case you can select “Copy to iBooks”, there you can access it as many times as you want from your Smartphone.