Google offers various services such as Gmail email , the Google Drive cloud storage service , the Google Docs suite of office automation integrated into Drive; in addition to having a presence in other segments such as advertising with Google AdSense, its video platform called YouTube, among others. All Google services are concentrated in a single account called Google Account.
As in any other service, it is highly recommended to change your password regularly, in order to keep it updated and improve the security of the account. Therefore, in this post, you will see a step-by-step guide to change the password of your Google account from the PC and even from the cell phone (Android or iOS). Keep reading this text to know how to do it.
From the web
The easiest method to change your password on Google is from the website itself. With this alternative, you will be able to modify your access code from your mobile or PC. To do this, you must enter the following link:https://myaccount.google.com/signinoptions/password. Once there, you just have to log into your account and follow the steps mentioned on the screen to change your password.
On the My account page it is possible to access all the profile data. Even though you sign in with the email, you will not be in the inbox. This page is completely different, because you will be able to see the connected apps, the services you use, the data you have given access to, among much more.
- The first step is to go to the following URL https://myaccount.google.com/, page where you will have access to account control.
- Once you are on the page, you must click on the ” start session ” button. You have to write your username, which is the email with which you registered, and the password with which you log in.
Note : If your account is already open on that site, you can skip this step.
- On the left side of the screen you can see a menu, among which is the option ” Personal information “. Click on it.
- In this new screen that is displayed, you see the profile photo, full name, gender, date of birth and the encrypted password. In addition, you will also be able to see the date on which the last modification was made.
- The next thing you should do is click on the ” Password ” option ,
- You must enter your current password as a security measure.
- Once the previous step has been completed, what continues is that a new password is established which must have a minimum of 8 characters and also must be a combination of numbers, letters and signs.
When the password change process has been completed, Google issues an email informing you of the change. This is very useful for a number of reasons. As soon as the user has changed the password, it may be necessary to log in again to all the services where you use the account such as Gmail, YouTube, Google Drive, among others that are available for free. This is because all those services are linked to the account.
On iOS and Android
This process is quite simple to carry out, for which you must have the Gmail application on your mobile device. If you don’t have the application, you can download it using the following buttons, depending on the corresponding Operating System.