Spotify is the alternative that most users have chosen when listening to their music via Streaming on their Smartphones, Tablets or PC. Since the platform offers a great variety in its content, it allows you to select all types of genre according to your tastes.
The use of the application is becoming more popular every day, because it offers the opportunity to enjoy it not only while you are connected to the Internet, but it also has the possibility of listening to the songs selected by you without having a connection. Spotify is available in two modes. The first one is the free modality, this one, as its name indicates, has no cost.
However, it has advertising content that often becomes annoying when you hear what you like the most. On the other hand, there is also the Premium or paid version. With this alternative, you will be able to obtain the benefit of creating a list of songs made of your choice and listening to it whenever you want, without having to be connected. Below you can see how.
Requirements to use Spotify offline
To enjoy the application without having to be connected to the Internet, you must bear in mind the following:
- Download the application on your Smartphone, Tablet, iPhone or PC.
- Have the Premium or paid version. Making a monthly contribution that will allow you to take advantage of this great advantage.
Set quality of saved songs
First of all, you should know that Spotify has three different types of quality in its Streaming player, these are: normal, high quality and extreme quality (the latter only for Premium subscribers).
However, you should consider that the quality of the music does not depend only on the player, but also on the equipment you use.
- In normal quality a mobile device receives 96 kbps.
- For desktop computers and Spotify web player, in normal quality it supports 160 kbps.
- In High Quality, a mobile device allows 160 kbps audio.
- For Web and Desktop Player in High quality receive 320 kbps (Only for Premium version).
- For the mobile version, Extreme Quality supports 320 kbps audio. (Only for Premium subscribers).
Anyway, the objective is to teach you how to increase the quality of the songs saved in your Playlist, something you can do from the desktop version or in the mobile application. To do this, you must follow the steps corresponding to each case.
From the desktop application
If you use the free version, you will always have the same sound quality, as the ” Extreme Quality ” option is not available in this mode .
On the other hand, if you are a Premium subscriber, you can easily do it as follows:
- From the application, click on the upper left corner (the icon with the three dots).
- Select ” Edit.”
- After this, go to ” Preferences “. You can also do it using the ” Ctrl + P ” key command .
- By clicking on the switch, you will have activated the Streaming sound enhancement feature in the desktop version on Spotify.
- Click on the list of options and select between the different alternatives available to improve the quality of the audio in Streaming mode.
From mobile device
In the mobile version you can make use of normal and high quality with the free Spotify mode, although if you are a Premium user, you can optimize the way you listen to your audios, following these steps:
- Enter “Your library” from the application.
- Once you are there, access “Settings” by pressing the nut icon.
- Scroll down the list and you will find “Music quality”.
- Press the section and you will see “High Quality” in free mode and “Extreme Quality” for Premium version. Select the one you prefer.
Note : This can be done from the application, without needing an Internet connection.
Activate Spotify offline
It is worth mentioning that, in offline mode, you will only be able to listen to the Playlist that you have saved on the Spotify disk. With that said, proceed to the following steps to listen to your favorite songs without consuming your data.
Activate Spotify without internet connection from PC
To be able to enjoy your Playlist on Spotify without having to be connected to the internet, the first step is to become a Premium user and hire the membership that best suits you. You can do this by accessing the official website of the App. When you have completed this process, then you will have the possibility to download your favorite content to your computer or Smartphone and play it as many times as you want.
Otherwise, this option will not be possible for you, since the free version of the world’s number one streaming player only offers the possibility of listening to its content with an Internet connection.
Having clarified this point, you can download your favorite content and activate Spotify’s offline mode from the web player of the same platform or directly from the desktop version and Smartphones.
From the web player
The Spotify web player works only from the browser. However, it offers you the facility to download your playlists to your computer and activate the offline mode, as long as you have the paid version. For this you will have to:
- Access the “Spotify web player” from your computer’s browser. For this you will have to log into your account and then click on the option available in the main window of the web.
- Select the album you want to listen to.
- Press the icon with the three dots, which is located just below the album information and select “Add to playlist”.
- Once this is done, you must create a new folder, edit the name you want to give it and add it to your music list (Playlist).
- Enter ” Library “, click on the list of songs you want to download and slide the lever from left to right to start the download. Remember that for this you must be a Premium user, since it is an exclusive feature of this version.
- Once the file is downloaded, activate the “Offline” mode .
After you have followed the instructions, you can start enjoying your favorite songs without an Internet connection.
In order to activate Spotify offline playback from your Smartphone, you must install the app on it and have a Premium user. If you do have it, then you can move forward in the process and follow these steps:
- Log into your Spotify account from the mobile app.
- Once you’ve logged in, select the list of songs you want to download.
- Below the ” Random ” option , you will find the menu that you must press to activate the ” Download ” mode .
- Once the selected songs have been downloaded, go to “ Your Library ” .
- There you will find all the music that you have downloaded in your Playlists, press the settings icon (the gear image) and activate the “Offline or Offline” mode .
Once this is done, you will be able to start enjoying the songs you like the most despite not having an Internet connection. Spotify allows you to store up to 3,300 songs on its internal disk on a single device.
Activate Spotify without Internet connection from iPhone
The procedure to listen to music on Spotify offline on iPhone is very similar to that of Android:
- Download the songs you want to hear ” Offline ” from Spotify on your iPhone.
- Go to the ” Download ” option that you will find under the ” Random ” button .
- After you have done this step, go to ” Your library “, there you will find the music that you have downloaded available in your ” Playlist “.
- There press the button of the ” nut icon “.
- Activates the “ Offline or No Connection ” mode .
After completing these steps, you are ready to start enjoying your favorite content while you go to study or work. You will also be able to keep your data consumption at a low rate, since you will not need to be connected to the Internet to play your songs.